Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just about prime time!

Comment

No luck this time.Dad and I were talking on the way home, We have sat over 75 hunts this year. This is the FIRST hunt that we didnt see a deer. Heck i wanted to keep sitting in the moon light until one showed!

Comment

My money says y'all get him killed before season is over

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          No luck this time.Dad and I were talking on the way home, We have sat over 75 hunts this year. This is the FIRST hunt that we didnt see a deer. Heck i wanted to keep sitting in the moon light until one showed!
          That's a rarity for that spot.

Comment

I really like Long Beam. I hope he gets him

Comment

Hey Gar Guy, how do u cover your scent on the corn you put down? Is it the vanilla? Do they pick up your scent on the ground where u stood and walked?

Comment

Old rascal there.

Comment

Originally posted by STex View Post
                  Hey Gar Guy, how do u cover your scent on the corn you put down? Is it the vanilla? Do they pick up your scent on the ground where u stood and walked?
                  There's no enough to bother them. It's not like your handling every pice of corn. The vinalla helps to.
                  I said this before. You need to think of a deers nose like a smoke detector . It takes a certain amount to make it go off. If a deer freaked out every time it a got a small wiff of human scent they would never move.

Comment

Push on guys. Let's stay on track here.

Steve, thanks for continuing to share your quests with everyone. I hope that big boy gets a tag from a deserving hunter.

Comment

Thanks BigThicket. I was asking an honest question. I hand corn a lot and always wonder if I'm limiting myself to young deer in the process. I guess if old does will come, the old bucks will too.

Comment

Steve finally comes back and make 3 hunt related posts and those are followed by 11-12 BS posts.

This is a sure way to kill Steve's participation here all together.

Please just ignore the haters and keep responses/questions on track and positive.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          Steve finally comes back and make 3 hunt related posts and those are followed by 11-12 BS posts.

This is a sure way to kill Steve's participation here all together.

Please just ignore the haters and keep responses/questions on track and positive.

Thank you! Very well said, seems like a good thread that is actually about hunting and or hunting tactics gets trolled on here as of late.

Comment

I wear rubber boots and only corn late morning as a rule. I spray my cloths with vanilla also and I think it helps. A couple years ago, I had a group of big deer that would leave the sanctuary every night and come back just before daybreak to spend the day. I would corn that spot about 10pm for the morning hunt.

Comment

Thanks BigThicket. I was asking an honest question. I hand corn a lot and always wonder if I'm limiting myself to young deer in the process. I guess if old does will come, the old bucks will too.
                              I was worried about it at first to but this is the biggest deer I've ever gotten on cam. This spot was 50 60 yrds from a feeder that had been running for 3 yrs and I never knew he was in the area. Hand vinalla corn.

Comment

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                                I was worried about it at first to but this is the biggest deer I've ever gotten on cam. This spot was 50 60 yrds from a feeder that had been running for 3 yrs and I never knew he was in the area. Hand vinalla corn.

I think it works like Tonkin Musk. Curiosity but along with their stomach.

Comment

Working...
                                X