Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoytsandMustang View Post
    Can one of y'all explain the vanilla to corn ratio? Pour it straight on the corn or mix vanilla with water then pour on corn. If it's been explained earlier I missed it. Wanting to learn. Thanks.

I'm in the blind with GarGuy. He said 3 parts vanilla 1 part water. Spray it on the corn.

Comment

we need a vanilla corn v. indian corn challenge, or better yet, power corn. see which corn rules them all!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Also the very SW corner where that tank and wide open clearing across the fence to the south, and the river to the west create an extreme funnel between that clearing and the river.
        Now I get it when folks say natural funnels. At my dads house he lived on one side of the road that is backed up to the national forest. Across the road he has pasture for cattle then a wooded section with cleared land on the right of the woods. In the wooded section In the middle is a hidden water tank. He always says deer cross the road into the wooded section. Now it makes sense it's the only way they can travel in cover. I'm off next week. I'm gonna sit up down one of the lanes in there and toss some hand corn out.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          The one he killed is not in the first pic.
          Congrats to pops! Nice!

Comment

Thanks for posting all of this, I have been reading on lunch break the past 3 days. I am a Central Texas hunter, but I see no reason why I couldn't apply some of you strategies to my area. I keep thinking about times I have stumbled upon sanctuaries but didn't have the know how to realize. We hunt in a high pressure area on 300 acres so I am sure I would be able to figure out where they live.

Comment

I asked if you had a pic (prior to being broken), of deer from the BBoswel thread with the 6" browtines that were broken, allowing that deer to score over 150...
              Have you found that picture yet?
              I'd like to see it, as it would make that deer very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                I asked if you had a pic (prior to being broken), of deer from the BBoswel thread with the 6" browtines that were broken, allowing that deer to score over 150...

I saw it today. We just got out of the woods. Gathering everyone up.

Comment

Thanks GarGuy for all the knowledge and stories you've shared in this thread. I've spent the last few days reading through it and you've inspired me to try some new things. I've got one buck tag left for Texas, so I think I'll go give it a shot. I'm tagged out in my lease county, but I have a couple of other places to try in other counties.

And thank you for validating what I've been trying to tell people for years. Every time someone tells me the deer in an area are unhuntable in an area because they're nocturnal, I can't help but say "well, they're somewhere during the day..." Most people seem to assume that the thick places they hole up are completely unhuntable. I've long suspected that isn't true if you can figure out how to get to them.

D

Comment

The deer is impressive anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      The deer is impressive anyway!
                      It is, but with an additional 12 inches, (brow tines) it would be really impressive.

Comment

It is, but with an additional 12 inches, (brow tines) it would be really impressive.

There's some up there a lot bigger than that. I saw his a Joogers trail cam pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                          There's some up there a lot bigger than that. I saw his a Joogers trail cam pics.
                          Did you see a picture of the BBoswell thread deer that had 6" broken brows before they were broken?
                          I'm thinking the deer would be very impressive with the additional 12 inches of brows.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                            I saw it today. We just got out of the woods. Gathering everyone up.
                            Did you see a picture of the BBoswell thread deer that had 6" broken brows before they were broken?
                            I'm thinking the deer would be very impressive with the additional 12 inches of brows.

Comment

wth

Comment

I simply asked for a picture of a deer that was killed, that had 12'" of browtines broken off prior to being killed.
                                GarGuy posted that he had a picture of said deer.
                                Deer was supposedly 150" prior to breakage.
                                Waiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X