Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
    LOL! You know I pizzed you off. All good home boy.

How about we meet up on Garguy's airboat this Spring and if my boy Colton out shoots you, you can friend me again. lol

I don't even remember! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Per Gar Guy; Hog down just now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      I don't even remember! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Per Gar Guy; Hog down just now.
      Are you back home? Next time we are slingin dirt, you are invited.

Comment

Are you back home? Next time we are slingin dirt, you are invited.

Been back. Gotta go see Jooger and GarGuy this week.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
          Somewhere around the black box i drew in? That spot is thick and does have some elevation change.
          YES! Im exactly with Dalemoser but was afraid you couldnt get that deep without them knowing you was there. I figured you could pull them right up there.

Comment

Pictures are worth a thousand words Here they come...
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              YES! Im exactly with Dalemoser but was afraid you couldnt get that deep without them knowing you was there. I figured you could pull them right up there.

Getting to the corner Dale pointed out if tough, but I'll try to find a stealthy way in.

Thanks so much.

Comment

The one he killed is not in the first pic.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                  Getting to the corner Dale pointed out if tough, but I'll try to find a stealthy way in.

Thanks so much.
                  Heck, just set up in th black box and corn straight south.That way, you can sneak into the back of the blind on a south wind.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    The one he killed is not in the first pic.
                    Nice hog but I'm more interested in them mustard greens in the background.

Comment

Yall are gonna make a fella move back home.

Comment

We sure agree on a lot. So when are you going to unblock me on FB.

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                        Blocked?! I don't how that happened! Every couple months or so I have to add people pack that pm me and asked why I unfriended em. It's got a mind of its own sometimes!

Comment

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Hopefully be some more "Carnage on the Trinity" in the morning. Won't be gar this time tho. [emoji106]

Comment

GarGuy, I'd appreciatte your thoughts on a situation I'm thinking of. I apologize in advance, this is going to be wordy.

I've gotten lazy in the last couple years and prone to cozy box blinds with windows and coffee thermos', and a couple cool ones in the afternoon. I don't apologize for it , but I'm feelin like takin it to them a little bit late this season.

What are your thoughts on putting your corn spot up wind of the sanctuary and letting the scent blow into it (then coming in a different way and setting up ~150 yds cross wind to hunt), vs corning the very edge of the sanctuary on the down wind side and backing off a ways to hunt? I will be rifle hunting.

More details: I've got a VERY thick hill/mountain top at the lease. It is too thick to attemtp to get in there with them on any but the south side...and I'll have a S SW wind the whole trip. There's probably 18-25 acres up there and only one way to walk across it. I'm the only one who's been up there in the last 20 years and last time I walked across it the trail was overgrown and I bet that's been over 15 years ago. I just prefer to leave it to them. There's a pipe line running W to E to the south of the hill where I could set up at the E end and corn a spot just south of the hill. On the SE edge of the hill there is an old well location they carved out over 20 years ago and never drilled on, the back of it forms a sheer drop about 15' and I've never seen a deer or track on it in 20 years so it protects my downwind somewhat for one potential spot. To the E of the hill is a semi open draw that wraps around to the N of the hill where it opens up. There is a small thicket of brush across the draw to the north of the hill I can get to and look back up at it. I'm about to post a VERY ROUGH drawing, the dark triangles represent possible spots for hand vanilla corn and a camera, the stars possible spots for a tent blind. There's a lot of elevation that I can't draw, this is why I think these are my two best options, and I know this pasture VERY well.

The top of the paper represents our North Fence, and the left side our west fence. To the south and east is all still ours where I've been hunting some this year. The place isn't very heavily pressured gun wise, but we are there a lot, and they know it I think we've fired 3 shots on 1400 acres this season. I don't know how much or how hard the neighbors hunt, but I don't hear more than 2-3 shots a weekend that would likely be very close. We have a lot of mature deer on camera this year, but they are not showing themselves, and we are not seeing the # of does we normally do. We are also coming out of a 5-6 year drought, but it's in very good condition this year.

No one has hunted anything you can see on this map this year. I can get into either blind pretty slick from the east without being seen.
                            Last edited by Dale Moser; 12-15-2015, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450236252.849650.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	24420630

Well, whadaya think?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450237677.816432.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	24420631

This give the scale a little better.

You can make out the north fenceline toward the top left, it continues on to the east through the Thicket.

You can see our west fence there on the left.

Pipeline at the bottom from wsw to ene with the bright colored well location kinda bottom right, and stock tank top right.

The line running north and south from the drainage to the pipeline is the only way to walk across, and I promise you it's not as clear as it looks, but I think they use it. Thats why I like that spot for corn on the north, and setting up to hunt from that "thicket".

Open to all interpretation boys!
                                Last edited by Dale Moser; 12-15-2015, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X