Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
    So what do you have him at?
    I have looked at him so much that I just don't know. I told friends I was hunting a high 70s deer believing I would kill him and he would be bigger. Anything I say now is a guess but here is what I think.

13 inches brows.
    23 g2s
    26 g3s
    4 g4
    10 extra

For 76 inches of tines. I really think beams are 30 but called them 58inches. 35 mass. 22 spread.

191 total. Maybe I got the big eye but I really want to say those g3s are longer than 13.
    Last edited by GarGuy; 01-30-2021, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
      It amazes me how those wide bucks can live in the thickets the way they do. I’d have my antlers tangled up
      I saw him with vines hanging all over his horns.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        I have looked at him so much that I just don't know. I told friends I was hunting a high 70s deer believing I would kill him and he would be bigger. Anything I say now is a guess but here is what I think.

13 inches brows.
        23 g2s
        26 g3s
        4 g4
        10 extra

For 76 inches of tines. I really think beams are 30 but called them 58inches. 35 mass. 22 spread.

191 total. Maybe I got the big eye but I really want to say those g3s are longer than 13.
        Can’t say I disagree with you.

How old is he?

Comment

Can’t say I disagree with you.

How old is he?
          He was 8 in those pics. He lived in an area that was flood prone. It stayed flooded 6 months in 2018. He never came home all season last year. That happened when he was 4 also and he was gone a year. Anyway the last day of youth season last year in jan, I was sitting there with a kid. Four bucks came from through the woods. It was the bachelor group he had hung with all his life. One appeared to be him but was a clean ten. He has been a clean 9 several times but had never thrown g4s on both side. Anyway we never got a shot I was comfortable letting the young man take. Whether it was him or not im not positive but it sure looked like a 190 ten. Framed out just like him.

Comment

He would be 10 this year but no sightings or pics. Not unusual for deer on that property to have best rack at 10.

Comment

Dang...hopefully he is still around!

Comment

Dang...hopefully he is still around!
                Its possible but I'm thinking he either died or just had enough of his home flooding . If he is alive he could still be a giant. He was so clean and healthy at 8. Funny, when he was 2 we named him prettyboy. He was scaring 150 as a 9 at 3 years old but walked around with his head cocked and never got a scratch on him all year. With all those long tines as far as I know he never broke one any year.

Comment

I’m sure I missed it along the way and forgot, but how did you come up with his name? Either way, FIDDY is one of of the best I’ve seen on here. Hope he is still out there an y’all meet up again

Comment

Just saw your previous reply and that answers my question ��

Comment

At the very least, he had to have done some serious breeding!! That means there's probably another one comin' up now!

Comment

Thank you Charlie. I'm gonna go on the safe side and guess there have been at least 20 tbhers contact me and thank me for " helping" them kill their best deer. Some of them PMed me and asked advice. Others just changed the way they hunted after this thread. Really makes me feel good to hear that. Several times I have quit posting for a while. I appreciate your comments as well as the others.

I was a new hunter at 30 years old 6-7 years ago and started in ETX. This thread and a few guys on our lease not only taught me how to hunt mature deer it taught me how to get in their house and get them with a bow. I have passed that same knowledge to my buddy whom hunted west Texas all his life. Thanks for everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          At the very least, he had to have done some serious breeding!! That means there's probably another one comin' up now!
                          I have a 3 year old ten now that will scare 140.

Comment

I have a 3 year old ten now that will scare 140.

That’s exciting! Don’t short change him when you name him lol. “One ninety fo”...? [emoji28]

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                              That’s exciting! Don’t short change him when you name him lol. “One ninety fo”...? [emoji28]

Lol. The number didn't seem to bother fiddy

Comment

I had this guy hanging out on another place. He was almost a pet. I knew him from a button buck. This was at 4 years old. The kickers on his brow are actually 5 inch double brows. Neighbor promised not to kill him but I think they did

Comment

Working...
                                X