Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
    Well, I WAS thinking about getting an airgun. Not any more
    It was a bullet issue. The hunter supply bullets were too soft and pancaked. Neilsen bullets fixed that. Pass thru on every thing. I killed a nice 6 year old buck with it after that. He went 40yds
    Last edited by GarGuy; 09-20-2020, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Love your stories just out of curiousity do know what long brow scored?

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
        Love your stories just out of curiousity do know what long brow scored?
        I scored him but don't remember exactly. He was either just over or just under 140.. His 3s look short but they were 9 inches. They lean way back.

Comment

I enjoy reading of everyone's success. I have been up at Sam Rayburn since last Friday working on a new lake house I bought. I am staying at my parents camp in Broaddus and drive about 10 miles over to my place. One patch of woods I pass that has always looked like the spot if a person wanted to kill a deer, it has thickets with drains and oaks with thick beauty berries . This year is the first time I have ever seen any hunters on this corner in the Angelina NF. Well this week I have seen a group of 3 hunters likely blow every deer in the county out of that patch of woods. They really need to read your stories. Lol. When the north wind blows they access from the north side which sends their scent straight to the deer, and when the wind is out of the east they come from the east. I wish them the best but those deer are bound to be gone now. Cant wait to hear about your new hunts this season Steve! Hope you are feeling better.

Comment

two weeks in and they've been cornered into my little 100 acres

A lot more signs in the last few days

Comment

We had a fun year chasing these Pressured deer. Nephew David killed a nice deer we call JimBeam with a crossbow. Was a consolation prize after missing a true giant. Buck fever struck again.was his first miss ever and quite humbling.

Comment

He is either looking tuff or just realized he tagged out in houston co. lol. Anyway great deer with g3s almost a foot long.
                Attached Files

Comment

I had a good year with my air rifle. Starting with a solid palmated 10

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Then a mature 8 the same day
                      Attached Files

Comment

I put my last tag an a solid Houston co 7yr old
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          He looks like the BIG brother to the one I shot this year

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a really old 8 pt with a ton of history start coming in decent light so I took my friend CR. He followed the script
                            Attached Files

Comment

Some really nice bucks Garguy! And Jim Beam with a Crossbow is an unusual name! [emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Season just wouldn't be complete without watching dad whack something. Hes 84 and i love taking him
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X