Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Hes a stud

Fiddy must be busy chasing does if he isn’t dead yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

this thread being bumped is like a bat signal. fiddy has the smart gene, but im thinking a cold rainy day will dull his senses, and possibly do him in.

Comment

Tagging for some “light” reading later.

Comment

We have to be due for a story...

Comment

Comment

Patience Grasshoppa's... WRT to Fiddy, no news is good news... When it happens, pics will abound!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post

Some stuff has been dieing over this way. just not the top targets so far. Ill write a few up in the next week or so.

In other news, my wife has never hunted. this year i have a 45 cal air rifle and she loves shooting it. She is grouping great and decided she wants to kill a deer. now all this trophy hunting i have done lately has resulted in me passing a truck load of big deer. I took he for her first hunt yesterday eve. First deer in was a deer i call heavy nine. 7 year old mid 40s deer. Not a starter deer in East tx! He made it to about 150yds and stopped to feed working directly to us. For no obvious reason he looked North and dash away in that direction. 30 minutes later we were covered in does and we were going to whack one when a buck ran in and scattered them. He chased one off them all over my thicket. just at last light she came back in. Sure enough there was a long browed ten with her at 40yds. There just wasnt enough light for her to be positive of the shot and i had drilled it in her head that we dont shoot unless we are sure.

We got out of the stand and left without spooking him. Shes pumped up and ready for round two.
                Last edited by GarGuy; 11-14-2018, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Some stuff has been dieing over this way. just not the top targets so far. Ill write a few up in the next week or so.

In other news, my wife has never hunted. this year i have a 45 cal air rifle and she loves shooting it. She is grouping great and decided she wants to kill a deer. now all this trophy hunting i have done lately has resulted in me passing a truck load of big deer. I took he for her first hunt yesterday eve. First deer in was a deer i call heavy nine. 7 year old mid 40s deer. Not a starter deer in East tx! He made it to about 150yds and stopped to feed working directly to us. For no obvious reason he looked North and dash away in that direction. 30 minutes later we were covered in does and we were going to whack one when a buck ran in and scattered them. He chased one off them all over my thicket. just at last light she came back in. Sure enough there was a long browed ten with her at 40yds. There just wasnt enough light for her to be positive of the shot and i had drilled it in her head that we dont shoot unless we are sure.

We got out of the stand and left without spooking him. Shes pumped up and ready for round two.

Did she get the shakes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Good stuff! Hope she connects! Keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                      Did she get the shakes?

Funny you asked! We were eating supper last night and she was sitting at the table with a big group of us hunters. She started telling them how her heart was about to beat out of her chest when that big deer was walking toward us.

Comment

Funny you asked! We were eating supper last night and she was sitting at the table with a big group of us hunters. She started telling them how her heart was about to beat out of her chest when that big deer was walking toward us.

I love that! Not many women ever experience that feeling.

Comment

Awesome! Glad she’s into it. Now you’ve got some competition for your shooters haha

Comment

That is so neat Garguy. Mom and I hunted a lot before the kids were born and now that they are grown and gone she has started getting in the woods again. Not as much as before but we still enjoy being out and seeing the critters together again.
                            Wish your wife good luck.

Comment

Awesome stuff right there! I am now debating on whether or not I'm more anxious to see you with Fiddy at your feet or to see the Mrs. with her first buck

My wife and I have been hard at it since rifle season opened, but no mature bucks have shown themselves for her. She's killed several doe in her life, I'm itching to help her get her first buck

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                                Awesome stuff right there! I am now debating on whether or not I'm more anxious to see you with Fiddy at your feet or to see the Mrs. with her first buck

My wife and I have been hard at it since rifle season opened, but no mature bucks have shown themselves for her. She's killed several doe in her life, I'm itching to help her get her first buck
                                I have several mature bucks dialed in but have been passing them looking for specific deer. we will see how this plays out. im not going to push her at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X