X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for this season, best of luck GG!

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
      Sat and watched you the entire time. Smart suckers!!!!
      Yeah, he probably sat up there so he could moniter the corn pile and it just happened that he could see me climb the tree. this happens a lot when i corn in core areas. The most mature buck will set up close. Sometimes they will start laying up right in the corn pile to guard it.

Comment

Good luck, hope he’s in there when you run your cameras
        I feel like that deer I hunted last year did the same. He would come in right when i left and always on south wind when i couldn’t hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I believe I will go ahead and put my money on you this year........................

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Yeah, he probably sat up there so he could moniter the corn pile and it just happened that he could see me climb the tree. this happens a lot when i corn in core areas. The most mature buck will set up close. Sometimes they will start laying up right in the corn pile to guard it.

This is the exact same problem I started having last year. I took your advice and had several spots I was corning but every single time I went into any of them I’d never see a deer. Then I would check my cameras about every four weeks and I’d see them at the corn almost every day until it was gone. I finally figured out they were bedding within about 20-30 yds from the pile and practically living there. Apparently any time I’d go into there they’d just walk away. I never busted deer out going in, I just wouldn’t see them. I had to abandon that idea and just start trying to figure out their routes to and fro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
              This is the exact same problem I started having last year. I took your advice and had several spots I was corning but every single time I went into any of them I’d never see a deer. Then I would check my cameras about every four weeks and I’d see them at the corn almost every day until it was gone. I finally figured out they were bedding within about 20-30 yds from the pile and practically living there. Apparently any time I’d go into there they’d just walk away. I never busted deer out going in, I just wouldn’t see them. I had to abandon that idea and just start trying to figure out their routes to and fro.

You might readjust the spot so you have a covert entry and exit. Also a spot where they cant circle behind to scent check. creek or fence is usually the ticket.

Comment

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Needing some opinions here. Biggest deer on the place have been killed at the stand east of 1, and the stand north east of 6.

Purple- property line
                Red-existing member’ stands
                Blue- my stands
                Yellow- potential areas for feed pens with hand corn
                1, 6, and 5 are three I’ve been thinking hardest about. Biggest deer on the property skirted the area around 3,4, 5 all season. Between 2 and the well site we have seen some big deer. I think the creek bed south east of 1 is the natural funnel I’m looking for. Briar and pine thicket around furthest south blue dot, potential sanctuary area. Large creek with steep banks on south property line. All of the oak areas with less dense trees are creek beds and sloughs. Yellow dot 1 looks awesome, rattled in a deer there last year sitting under a pine skirted with berry vines. He came out of the creek funnel behind me. Dot number 6 is an awesome open oak thicket, with most of the Deer seen in that side of our place coming out of those creeks. I have had numerous bucks running does in there over the years. All red and blue dots have feeders as well. The notorious “nocturnal” deer re very abundant on our place. Am I on the right track with my thinking? Dot number 2 is kind of a highway on that curve of the caliche oilfield road. This is East Texas by the way, tough hunting but the deer are there. Not many morning hunts are made after bow season, not many people up there during season but the deer are wary of fourwheelers and people. Any more insight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fiddy is back..

Comment

Fiddy is back..

Let’s see!

Comment

Fiddy is back..

Sweet! Just in time!

Comment

Fiddy is back..
                        did he grow any?

Comment

Man I sure hope to see an LDP with you and Ol' Fiddy opening weekend.

Comment

Hope you get him this Year!!! Love keeping up with this thread...

Comment

The spell, curse, quest, whatever you want to call it continues... Good luck Steve! For your sake and your health, I hope you get him opening morning of bow season!!

Comment

Awesome news. Hope he hangs around a couple weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X