• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
      no one will ever kill fiddy. that ole boy will not slip up ever.

sometimes im wrong but only about 85% of the time.
      You could be right but he has slipped up many times in years past. Im still getting daylight pics ssooooooo... Rifle season starts next weekend and i may sit with Dad and let him sling a bullet. I had Fidddy at 61yds for ten minutes last thursday..

Comment

Was over at a neighbors house yesterday afternoon looked out the window and one of my shooters this year was standing in his back yard with a doe, he has broken off every point on his left beam. Went from a mid 140's 11pt to a 7 point now. Hopefully he will make it another year now.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          You could be right but he has slipped up many times in years past. Im still getting daylight pics ssooooooo... Rifle season starts next weekend and i may sit with Dad and let him sling a bullet. I had Fidddy at 61yds for ten minutes last thursday..

That put a smile on my face [emoji106]

Comment

Just an update.. Fiddy is still driving me nuts. he isnt nearly as regular as he was. there is a huge nine that started owning the corn pile and bumping Fiddy.. i may have to blunt him. Giant body on the sucker. I totally changed the game. ill tell yall what ii did if it works, LOL

Dad and I sat for Kicker3 morning and evening saturday. We saw him both hunts! It was just a little too early sat morning for dad to see and he got across a little too quickly saturday evening. We be back after him Wed.

One of our big deer got shot on our fence line saturday evening. A five year old we call Colt. I had him straight down a couple weeks ago and decided to give him another year as he could have been World class. I certainly dont blame the neighbor for shooting. With no history the deer had a ton of shock effect. congrats to him on a fine east tx deer. Here is Colt.
            Attached Files

Comment

That stinks but nice deer!

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post
                That stinks but nice deer!

It happens. if i had shot him, every time i looked at him i would wonder what he could have been.. I know his entire life story. he was blowing up. had three base kickers you cant see and two little drops.

Comment

I see the little drops. Nice deer for sure

Comment

Dang nice deer

Comment

He's a good one, did you get any LDPs from the neighbor?

Comment

GarGuy is it typical for deer/bucks to get off the handcorn during this time? Mine were so regular and when I checked it Friday I’d had notta mucho for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                          GarGuy is it typical for deer/bucks to get off the handcorn during this time? Mine were so regular and when I checked it Friday I’d had notta mucho for a week.
                          Totally standard for my pics to be reduced by over half nearly overnight during this time. I expect it. This year it happened about Nov 1. I still have the same mature bucks come, but the picture timing/cycles change and anything can happen

Comment

Originally posted by hardtner View Post
                            Totally standard for my pics to be reduced by over half nearly overnight during this time. I expect it. This year it happened about Nov 1. I still have the same mature bucks come, but the picture timing/cycles change and anything can happen
                            Well that’s good to know. Thanks.

This is my first full year to hand-corn and I worked real hard to get this area right and accessible. I was afraid it was all for not.

Comment

Hows the rut looking out in ETX?

Comment

its hard to find a neighbor that will pass on ole colt. however, if he is in our truck, we know he wont make it.

its that attitude that keeps your place covered up with big uns, as you know. okay, no more goofin' around! show us fiddy!

Comment

Working...
                                X