Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Yes. i use vanilla extract(imitation is fine). Mix 1/3 vanilla to 2/3water in a spray bottle. I spray the corn and my clothes when i go in to hand corn. Then i spray myself down good when i hunt. Its NOT MAGIC you still need the wind right but i have proven that corn warry bucks will regularly start associating the vanilla scent with food instead of hunter.
    Ok NOW the whole vanilla corn thing makes sense. I thought it jammed up their olfactory senses or something. That's really an ingenious trick.

Comment

The 20th of October was a magic day last year. its going to be really close to the absolute pop of the east tx rut again this year. Does coming in heat right now.

Comment

The 20th of October was a magic day last year. its going to be really close to the absolute pop of the east tx rut again this year. Does coming in heat right now.

Thanks! I been meaning to ask you. I got on a lease outside of Corrigan this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck fellas. Couple more weeks for us.

Comment

A Friend of mine down your way said they are acting pretty stupid right now. He saw three bucks that were 140 or better yesterday while working on the ranch. An back up here closer to Tyler another friend filmed two toads getting after it this morning. Then when I went to feed cows at lunch I watched 2 young bucks chasing across the pasture. I have a feeling some big swamp donkeys are about to start slipping up at the right places at the wrong time. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by cphillips View Post
              A Friend of mine down your way said they are acting pretty stupid right now. He saw three bucks that were 140 or better yesterday while working on the ranch. An back up here closer to Tyler another friend filmed two toads getting after it this morning. Then when I went to feed cows at lunch I watched 2 young bucks chasing across the pasture. I have a feeling some big swamp donkeys are about to start slipping up at the right places at the wrong time. Good luck to everyone!
              Yup agree! Watched a couple 3.5 yr olds digging a doe in Chandler Tuesday. It won't be long before some big boys hit the dirt!

Have a 4.5 yr old 8 running a doe a couple days ago on camera at one of my places outside Athens. This wknd and all next week will be interesting!

Comment

I'll be in Bellville tomorrow evening through Sunday morning. Haven't heard anything on the action up there. Sunday evening will find me in New Waverly, hope the action is hot and the weather isn't too bad

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                  Thanks! I been meaning to ask you. I got on a lease outside of Corrigan this year.

Bryce, my money is on October 27-29. I'll be hunting hard without the kiddos these three days.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                    I'll be in Bellville tomorrow evening through Sunday morning. Haven't heard anything on the action up there. Sunday evening will find me in New Waverly, hope the action is hot and the weather isn't too bad
                    I've seen 3 dead bucks on the road this week so that only means 1 thing! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                      I've seen 3 dead bucks on the road this week so that only means 1 thing! Good luck!
                      Hate that they're being hit, but glad that they're chasing thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                        Bryce, my money is on October 27-29. I'll be hunting hard without the kiddos these three days.

Sounds good, this weekend is going to be pretty nasty. I might try to make it up there Saturday just to check on my spot and make sure everything is good to go for that following weekend. I've been slacking.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                          Sounds good, this weekend is going to be pretty nasty. I might try to make it up there Saturday just to check on my spot and make sure everything is good to go for that following weekend. I've been slacking.

Yeah I've only made 3 hunts so far. But I'll be hunting more soon hopefully!

Comment

Im getting crazy numbers of daylight mature bucks including my targets. wind is wrong to hunt them.. come on Norther!

Comment

Every time I see this thread pop up with your name, I hope it is pictures of a big dead buck! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                                Every time I see this thread pop up with your name, I hope it is pictures of a big dead buck! Good luck

X2!

Comment

Working...
                                X