No announcement yet.

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is an excellent example of a big, wild East Texas buck! Thanks for sharing, now get us an LDP .

Comment

No ldp this evening. I did have the opportunity to see one of my four year olds for the first time this year. OMG! I dont know if we can et him go another year. Hes just four........ I was totally unprepared for how big he looked in person at 20yds.
      Last edited by GarGuy; 10-16-2017, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Airhead...wooooooow!

Comment

I wanna see a pic of fiddy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Airhead
            What a deer! This doesn’t look like one of your regular hand corn spots in the thick stuff though. Hope you get him!

I love this thread and am trying some new tactics this season. Hopefully I’ll be able to add some ldps to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
              What a deer! This doesn’t look like one of your regular hand corn spots in the thick stuff though. Hope you get him!

I love this thread and am trying some new tactics this season. Hopefully I’ll be able to add some ldps to this thread.
              It is a very special place.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                It is a very special place.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                Yes it is...yes it is. Johnny, look like he has something stuck in his front hoof..
                Last edited by GarGuy; 10-17-2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

I passed this old stud yesterday evening. he was les than 10yds under me when this pic snapped.. Plenty old enough but not the deer i was looking for.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Solid buck Steve.. looks like hes at least 5 1/2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                      Solid buck Steve.. looks like hes at least 5 1/2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm going to guess this deer is closer to 8 yo if he is 'plenty old' for garguy lol

And probably would score way better than he looks in that picture!

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
                        I'm going to guess this deer is closer to 8 yo if he is 'plenty old' for garguy lol

And probably would score way better than he looks in that picture!

Yes he is seven or eight. Huge deer on the hoof. he better not make that mistake when I have one of the nephews along!

Comment

I will cut a small trail to walk in with corn. This is never the trail to my stand. Spray down with vanilla and spray the corn every time. I keep that up for a while and then when the wind is perfect, sneak in and make a day of it.
                          You spray yourself and the corn with vanilla? Is this just bakers vanilla? Do you dilute it any? Just curious as I never heard this one before and like to try out new things. I do know grape koolaid sprinkled on corn works very well. Thanks for sharing these posts - very enjoyable reads of your various hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Darin View Post
                            You spray yourself and the corn with vanilla? Is this just bakers vanilla? Do you dilute it any? Just curious as I never heard this one before and like to try out new things. I do know grape koolaid sprinkled on corn works very well. Thanks for sharing these posts - very enjoyable reads of your various hunts.
                            Yes. i use vanilla extract(imitation is fine). Mix 1/3 vanilla to 2/3water in a spray bottle. I spray the corn and my clothes when i go in to hand corn. Then i spray myself down good when i hunt. Its NOT MAGIC you still need the wind right but i have proven that corn warry bucks will regularly start associating the vanilla scent with food instead of hunter.

Comment

Yes. i use vanilla extract(imitation is fine). Mix 1/3 vanilla to 2/3water in a spray bottle. I spray the corn and my clothes when i go in to hand corn. Then i spray myself down good when i hunt. Its NOT MAGIC you still need the wind right but i have proven that corn warry bucks will regularly start associating the vanilla scent with food instead of hunter.

Awesome - thanks

Comment

sweet

Comment

Working...
                                X