Prayer request - Ebola virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bear View Post
    Kent is one of my friends from college…. went to school with him, same social club as him…. the dude loves Jesus and is willing to lay his life down for Him. Praying that Gods will continues to be done and that Kent and his friend survive this along with the countless others that are at risk.

I visited with his sister and her husband for about an hour a little while ago. She said he is showing more improvement, but still far from out of the woods. She also said that as bad as this ordeal has been, they have been repeatedly amazed by all the prayers, love and support and kindness shown to their families on just about an hourly basis every day since this started. They are also amazed at how this sickness has resulted in the sharing of God's love and His message. Lots of good coming out of the terrible situation.

Comment

Good news, more prayers sent

Comment

God is good!

UPDATE from Kent Brantly: As my treatment continues in the isolation unit at Emory University Hospital, I am recovering in every way. I thank God for the healthcare team here who is giving me compassionate, world-class care. I am more grateful every day to the Lord for sparing my life and continuing to heal my body. There are still a few hurdles to clear before I can be discharged, but I hold on to the hope of a sweet reunion with my wife, children and family in the near future.

Thank you for your prayers for Nancy and me. Please continue to pray for and bring attention to those suffering in the ongoing Ebola crisis in West Africa. Their fight is far from over.

With deep gratitude,
        Kent Brantly

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          God is good!

UPDATE from Kent Brantly: As my treatment continues in the isolation unit at Emory University Hospital, I am recovering in every way. I thank God for the healthcare team here who is giving me compassionate, world-class care. I am more grateful every day to the Lord for sparing my life and continuing to heal my body. There are still a few hurdles to clear before I can be discharged, but I hold on to the hope of a sweet reunion with my wife, children and family in the near future.

Thank you for your prayers for Nancy and me. Please continue to pray for and bring attention to those suffering in the ongoing Ebola crisis in West Africa. Their fight is far from over.

With deep gratitude,
          Kent Brantly
          All the time...

Comment

outstanding continued prayers

Comment

Praying for Kent and the others. God is GREATER than any virus.

Comment

Continued prayers for this selfless individual and all others like him

Comment

Latest word is that Kent continues to show improvement. As he continues to recover in isolation, there is something you can do to help. All of the Brantlys possessions, other than what Amber and the kids brought with them to Abilene to attend her brother's wedding, were in their house in Liberia. After Kent came down with Ebola, they can't retrive anything. It will all be destroyed. Everything.

There is a fund established to help them with all of their expenses to replace everything (insurance doesn't cover stuff like that). If you'd like to help, then go here:

Then click on the "Give a Gift" button to get a donation screen to pop up. From there, go to the "Designation" line and click the drop-down menu arrow and select Dr. Kent Brantly and Family for your donation.

Keep the prayers coming for Kent and for Nancy and all the others affected by this disease.

Comment

Prayers for Kent and his family and all who are affected

Comment

Praise God! Kent has recovered and was released from the hospital!

Last edited by Shane; 08-21-2014, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

donation sent and continued prayers

Comment

Thank the Lord.

Comment

wow…..just wow….. to H^M be the glory

Comment

Pretty Awesome!

Comment

Working...