Scimitar horned oryx or Red stag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    Which ever ones shows up first and meets your standards for a trophy that is fit for the wall.

There are places in Texas with some Monster Reds. But most of these ranches Reds would be culls in New Zealand.

Before somebody gets their thong in a bunch I do know of a few places in Texas with Giant Reds. I said "most" ranches Reds would be culls in New Zealand.

Comment

Oryx both for the meat and mount.

Comment

Oryx by far the best meat.

Comment

Oryx all the way.

Comment

Both are excellent in the meat department, a big trophy stag is generally more expensive than a trophy oryx

Comment

I want an oryx so bad

Comment

Oh how I WISH I could shoot and ORYX...If I had the choice to hunt them here in the states it would be ORYX 1st because I also really wanna go to New Zealand to shoot RED STAG instead of the states, but that's a pipe dream. I couldn't afford either.

Comment

I'd say oryx as well. The meat is just fantastic. It's one of the very few animals that everyone in my family really enjoys the taste. I also believe that as time goes, the wackos are going to make it more difficult (or impossible) to hunt them. They also make a beautiful mount.
                  Last edited by cz52man; 07-27-2014, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Oryx.
                    If they are the same price , the oryx will be bigger.

Comment

Oryx meat is fantastic! What a beautiful and unique animal as well

Comment

Is that an open range hunt or a hi-fence one ? Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                          I'd do oryx because they're harder to come by than a red stag. At least that's what I have found from my small bit of research. To me, a red stag is more of a New Zealand adventure type hunt, whereas an oryx is cool no matter what.
                          This is what I was gonna say. Do the oryx. Most Texas red stags are much smaller than what you could go hunt in NZ. I wouldn't mess with one here.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                            This is what I was gonna say. Do the oryx. Most Texas red stags are much smaller than what you could go hunt in NZ. I wouldn't mess with one here.

Comment

Tough decision. They are both good eating.

Comment

Already got my wife's Oryx on the wall, and the meat was fantastic.

Next up is my Texas Red Stag hunt, in a couple of months. I'm looking forward to both the trophy, and the meat, if I'm successful.
                                A New Zealand Red Stag is a pipe dream for most regular folks, like myself, so I'll be very happy to hunt a good Texas stag, for about 1/8 the price of doing so, in NZ.

Comment

Working...
                                X