Muscle Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    Got one better for ya...figure any Skloss worth his salt will be in the McCook area in Sept.

Ping me & Bring it...that is the area you want to drive it anyway.

Well crap... I can't make it in Sept this year, but I'll let you know when I do go down. Just don't sell that sucker until I do! [emoji23]

Comment

Yup, 1LE = Manual in Camaro world...they held to their roots with the ZL1 version too. The A10 is faster but story goes they needed something to fill the gap of no current dedicated track monster for the Z28. Just like 1Le is always traditionally manual, the Z28 should 'always' be a naturally aspirated power plant. We shall see.

I didn't even know they were even offering the 2018 2ss with the A10 already...I thought they were still all A8's for at least another year?? Regardless, still think the ss camaro is the bargain sports car for the coin.

Only thing that bugs me on the 1LE is the all black hood...not a bad thing, just seems odd if one wanted the full track pack but with a cleaner de-badged look.
      You can pull the wrap. Its a bit time consuming but can be done. Wash and wax once its off. They paint the whole car the way it would be and wrap the hood offsite at a 3rd party. Took mine 2 weeks to get wrapped. Then it left for Texas.

You,are correct on the A8. It was an 8 that i drove.

That Z is sweet Artos. The grey was my next go to color, but the hyper blue matches my silverado.

Comment

Shame on you Skloss...they just harvested all the sunflowers on 490 & thought of you guys everytime I drove by. I have seen more whitewing in the area growing daily. It's pretty crazy & cannot believe you would miss it!!

~~~~~~~~~

Turtlewax, I struggled over the color too but really happy with the choice...I was also looking at Garnet Red & Silver Ice. The nightfall matches the gunmetal rims perfectly.

It's really sinister looking on 1Le version...check it out.

I've been thinking about getting those 1LE blackout tail lights for mine...the wing & front facia are all interchangeable between the cars. The tail lights will work on yours too.

2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LENightfall Grey MetallicVIN: 1G1FJ1R60J0100002 Ontario Camaro Club 2017 Camaro NationalsOakville, Ontario, CanadaJune 10, 2017htt...

Comment

I started with an 88 Ford Gt Fox body, first gen Coyote and an Idea. I now own a roller 2000 GT, the Coyote short block and heads are ready and the Power glide with 4k stall is in hand. Still in the build process and plans include 80mm plus turbo, still working the details out. The car has full UPR front and rear suspension, 10 point 850 cage that is welded to the frame connectors
          Attached Files

Comment

Shame on you Skloss...they just harvested all the sunflowers on 490 & thought of you guys everytime I drove by. I have seen more whitewing in the area growing daily. It's pretty crazy & cannot believe you would miss it!!

~~~~~~~~~

Turtlewax, I struggled over the color too but really happy with the choice...I was also looking at Garnet Red & Silver Ice. The nightfall matches the gunmetal rims perfectly.

I've been thinking about getting those 1LE blackout tail lights for mine...the wing & front facia are all interchangeable between the cars. The tail lights will work on yours too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2egyTh5AWqk
            I saw the nightfall 1le in person, it was hard to keep from drooling.

Im excited for the Z side skirts. They make the car look totally different.

Sat in a used Garnet a few months back. They wanted 2k less than what i paid for a brand new one. These specialty Camaros are really something else.

First mods for me will be catch can and tinted windows. Tried getting them tinted yesterday but the owner of the shop was on vacation.

Comment

Muscle Car Thread

My buddies 502. 1100 hp in a 68 Camaro
              I have a video but can't figure out how to get it from Facebook to my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by howzitbra; 06-21-2017, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlewax View Post
                First mods for me will be catch can and tinted windows. Tried getting them tinted yesterday but the owner of the shop was on vacation.
                Be warned there was an ugly thread on the camaro forum about a guy who had his blown ss motor denied by GM warrantee & they said it was due to him putting on the catch can. Totally bs, but any mods like that have the potential to cause you warrantee claim issues. Of course if you plan to go above & beyond the catch can with further mods, then you know what you are diving into.

I know several asked about adding one to ZL1, but consensus was it isn't needed as the LT4 has something already there (on the clean side I think) making the cc unnecessary.

I'm not sure about the non SC engine??

Comment

Originally posted by howzitbra View Post

My buddies 502. 1100 hp in a 68 Camaro
                  I have a video but can't figure out how to get it from Facebook to my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just post a link to the FB page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

~~~~~~~~~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2egyTh5AWqk

Just not doable this year.

Comment

[ATTACH]883035[/ATTACH] 05- C6 & 16- C7 My wife lets me drive sometimes.

Comment

The New 2019 ZR1 755HP Vette with the hand assembled LT5 has been announced!!

Comment

^755 horsepower and 715 lb.-ft. of torque - WOW

Comment

Bump with the first update in the new year. I was able to deliver Aaron's truck to the paint/body shop on the 20th before I was gone for a week on a work trip. They should be getting started on it soon. We are excited to see some color.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9080.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	24527752

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9079.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	24527753

Comment

Added this one to the stable back in Dec...

Comment

They are also starting the teasers for the GT500 release in 19...it's going to be a great car, but like the 350R, the ADM at 99% of the Ford stealerships will be at least a $20k addy. This will likely make is it a 6 figure Mustang!! It appears they are adding a super charger to the 5.2 voodoo engine & bet a 10 speed auto will be available. Stated to be over 700HP.

Oddly, the reports are stating the 350 may no longer be available??

Comment

Working...
                                X