No announcement yet.

TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remi has had 4 tracks so far but this was her first somewhat real one. Black buck ran about 75yrds after the shot. The other 3 dropped so I drug them off a ways to give her some training.

Comment

Got a call and got dimmit on the trail. No blood but he said it was a loud hit. He was shooting a 6.5 creedmore. Shot ended up low dimmit jumped her around the 200 yards in and got her bayed and I finished her at 326.

Last edited by BrokenJ; 11-17-2016, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Read this whole thread again.

Ive put our new JRT on two mock trails at the age of about 2 months. Both trails roughly 20 feet. She did OK on the first but the second wasn't that great. Same blood, same hide, using a fair amount of blood but from looking at some of the posted pics and videos I may need a larger piece of hide.

Comment

I hit the buck low a few weeks ago and ended up with a 400 yard track. Buck (my dog) did great stayed on him even when we lost visible blood the last 50 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texanhoyt View Post
            I hit the buck low a few weeks ago and ended up with a 400 yard track. Buck (my dog) did great stayed on him even when we lost visible blood the last 50 yards.

Congrats again Seth and Buck. Thanks again for coming out and helping yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
              Rough morning today. Hunter hit a nice ten with a bow. He said it was a good hit started tracking and found the arrow about 250 yards into the track. Good blood and I was thinking its in the bag. At 990 yards dimmit jumped the buck and the race was on. Blood was sparse and dimmit stayed on the trail. No blood for after 1200 yards and we just kept working into the wind towards where I thought he would go. Sure enough 1.75 miles in and an hour later dimmit jumped him again I could see the Bucks head through the brush couldn't get a shot, but thought dimmit would get him bayed. He was running half speed and breathing really hard. About 275 yards after he jumped him dimmit shut down. Was already hot and almost noon. Broom weeds were thick and I knew he was exhausted he wouldn't move just laid there panting. My dog is in great shape but his gas tank was on E. I carried him over 300 yards to a lake near by and about died myself, going to let him rest then take him back this afternoon and walk theough it again. Learned a lesson, carry extra water.

Buck is still alive, arrow entrance is where the pointer is. Looks to be doing ok brisket is swollen and lost a little weight. hope to catch him with a rifle.

Comment

My Jagd terrier has found two deer in the last two evenings for my hunters. It's a real treat to watch a dog with that high drive and desire work to find a deer.

[ame]http://vimeo.com/192517160[/ame]

Comment

Comment

Tag for later

Comment

Buck is still alive, arrow entrance is where the pointer is. Looks to be doing ok brisket is swollen and lost a little weight. hope to catch him with a rifle.
                      Sounds like your dog did the best he could. Sometimes they just won't bay up!

Comment

Here are a few of the bucks we've found so far this season. We are up to 16 recoveries so far.

[ATTACH]826327[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826328[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826329[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826330[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826326[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826331[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826333[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826334[/ATTACH]

Click image for larger version

Name:	san_saba_buc (Copy).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	24473048
                        Last edited by Sika; 11-21-2016, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                          Here are a few of the bucks we've found so far this season. We are up to 16 recoveries so far.

[ATTACH]826327[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826328[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826329[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826330[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826326[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826331[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826333[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826334[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826335[/ATTACH]

It's been a great season for you!

Comment

Sounds like your dog did great.

A deer that is not lethally hit (will recover) should not be bayed and finished in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              Sounds like your dog did great.

A deer that is not lethally hit (will recover) should not be bayed and finished in my opinion.
                              I agree.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post

[ATTACH]826327[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826328[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826329[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826330[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826326[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826331[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826333[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826334[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826335[/ATTACH]

Awesome congrats to you and rowdy!

Comment