No announcement yet.

TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough morning today. Hunter hit a nice ten with a bow. He said it was a good hit started tracking and found the arrow about 250 yards into the track. Good blood and I was thinking its in the bag. At 990 yards dimmit jumped the buck and the race was on. Blood was sparse and dimmit stayed on the trail. No blood for after 1200 yards and we just kept working into the wind towards where I thought he would go. Sure enough 1.75 miles in and an hour later dimmit jumped him again I could see the Bucks head through the brush couldn't get a shot, but thought dimmit would get him bayed. He was running half speed and breathing really hard. About 275 yards after he jumped him dimmit shut down. Was already hot and almost noon. Broom weeds were thick and I knew he was exhausted he wouldn't move just laid there panting. My dog is in great shape but his gas tank was on E. I carried him over 300 yards to a lake near by and about died myself, going to let him rest then take him back this afternoon and walk theough it again. Learned a lesson, carry extra water.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
      Rough morning today. Hunter hit a nice ten with a bow. He said it was a good hit started tracking and found the arrow about 250 yards into the track. Good blood and I was thinking its in the bag. At 990 yards dimmit jumped the buck and the race was on. Blood was sparse and dimmit stayed on the trail. No blood for after 1200 yards and we just kept working into the wind towards where I thought he would go. Sure enough 1.75 miles in and an hour later dimmit jumped him again I could see the Bucks head through the brush couldn't get a shot, but thought dimmit would get him bayed. He was running half speed and breathing really hard. About 275 yards after he jumped him dimmit shut down. Was already hot and almost noon. Broom weeds were thick and I knew he was exhausted he wouldn't move just laid there panting. My dog is in great shape but his gas tank was on E. I carried him over 300 yards to a lake near by and about died myself, going to let him rest then take him back this afternoon and walk theough it again. Learned a lesson, carry extra water.
      ****, Ethan, that could have turn ugly quick. Glad he's fine. Lesson learned..👍

Comment

****, Ethan, that could have turn ugly quick. Glad he's fine. Lesson learned..👍

Good run though..

Comment

I am new to this site and would like to post a photo of my dogs and get added to the tracking dog list by region. Any advice on how to do so?

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am new to this site but would like to post pictures of my dogs and get my information out. Any information on how to do this?

Comment

Thanks river rat, don't know if that buck would have bayed but I'm thinking it was a low shot from 20 feet up after talking to the shooter more, maybe clipped the bottom of 1 lung.

Originally posted by ColbyBaggs1 View Post
                I am new to this site but would like to post pictures of my dogs and get my information out. Any information on how to do this?

First off Welcome Colby. private message Mary with your info and she will add you. I post pics with photo bucket. Then get the url link and copy and paste it in.
                Last edited by BrokenJ; 10-29-2016, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Glad Dimmit is ok Damonj! I have seen that before with bird dogs and it is definitely a scary situation.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	dc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	24469364

Taz made her first track on a live wounded animal this weekend. She tracked it 200 yards. She bayed the pig but kept her distance until I arrived to finish it off. I couldn't have been more exited if I would have killed a 200 inch buck. I'm getting a bigger kick out of tracking than I ever had killing. Hopefully I will put her on a track of a 200 inch deer some day. Don't know if I could stand all that excitement!

Comment

Anyone near Whitehouse? I've got a buddy who needs a dog. It's a good trek for me or I'd take my dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Getting Delta back in on the action after her injury! Had to take a few weeks off and we missed out on a few tracks but shes back to her old self. Short track around 125 yards but into the thickest crap you can imagine. Def loving the Alpha and being able to sit back till shes found it and not having to follow her through the thick stuff.

Comment

Good to hear she's back on the trail!

Comment

I pulled a Low shot, last night. don't usually miss that bad on long shots. Gave her a few hours and dropped the dog. Wouldn't have found her without put him out.

Comment

Thanks J!
                              Congrats to Dimmit on another good track and got to love gaving a good dog!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post

Getting Delta back in on the action after her injury!

Had to take a few weeks off and we missed out on a few tracks but shes back to her old self.

I pulled a Low shot, last night.

Gave her a few hours and dropped the dog.

Wouldn't have found her without putting him out.

Congrats to Delta & Dimmit!

Glad to hear that Delta is at full strength.

Comment

Working...
                                X