No announcement yet.

TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to add this on Sunday, but Bullet found pig number 2 this season on Sunday morning! This dog has made me such a lazy blood trailer, he's too good! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4429.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	24465213

Comment

Tori got in a little work this morning for a buddy of mine on a double drop time main frame 10 on a 15 hr soak with no blood needless to say my bud Bobby loves this dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome job on the track and nice buck!!

Comment

Awesome, what a buck! Any more to the story? How far did he make it?

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
            Awesome, what a buck! Any more to the story? How far did he make it?

He went a 100 yards, he shot the deer last night and by his story he hit him quartering to him so I told him to back out and I would bring tori over in the am and look for him

Comment

Originally posted by rjbowmaster View Post

Tori got in a little work this morning for a buddy of mine on a double drop time main frame 10 on a 15 hr soak with no blood needless to say my bud Bobby loves this dog

Yeah Bobby owes Tori a nice steak dinner

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                Yeah Bobby owes Tori a nice steak dinner

Or her handler a nice place to bowhunt close to home lol

Comment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AggieArcher View Post
                    Forgot to add this on Sunday, but Bullet found pig number 2 this season on Sunday morning! This dog has made me such a lazy blood trailer, he's too good! [ATTACH]817002[/ATTACH]

They are some great trackers

Comment

Originally posted by rjbowmaster View Post
                      They are some great trackers

CONGRATS!!! I don't know what's the biggest thrill. Getting to shoot a good buck or getting your dog to find it. Both are good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JFR View Post
                        CONGRATS!!! I don't know what's the biggest thrill. Getting to shoot a good buck or getting your dog to find it. Both are good stuff.

I know I wish I would have done the tracking dog thing a long time ago

Comment

Got a quick question for yall and if you dont mind send a quick one up for my pup. Know theres alot more important things going on these days but my dog means alot to me.

Went to help a buddy out this moring with a doe he couldnt find. Cut Delta loose and she worked the area for a few minutes and took a line. Watched her on the GPS and she went about 300 yards so I started towards her
                          Got to where she was and was a thick group of trees out in and field.she went in and the doe came out the far side still alive and Delta was after her. Heard a yelp from her as she was running through the field but didnt think much about it. Doe was pretty weak and Delta caught her and pulled her down before we could get there. Go running up there and Delta is off the side and not tearing into the deer like she usually is. Get up to her and see blood coming out of her eye...a good amount. Grab her up and get her to the vet. They knocked her out and looked and said it looked like a thorn had punctured her eye. The color part was nothing but blood. Said about a 70% chance of saving her eye. Has anybody dealt with something like this before and what was the outcome? Sorry for the long story but pretty worried about my pup right now. Hoping her eye can be saved but looks like we will be out for awhile. Dont think I can bring myself to hunt for awhile without her. Thanks for any info.

Comment

I don't have any advise, just wanna say good luck and hope all turns out well.

Comment

Thanks I appreciate it. Vet said they are worried about infection and inflammation. Something about all the blood in her eye putting pressure on her retina.

Comment

How's deltas doing blood trailer 28?

Dimmit got a good short track today, 25-06 back and low. Gave her plenty of time to bed up and expire. Couldn't t her looking with guest no blood surprisingly and everything was soaking wet with yesterday's rain. She made it about 75 yards in some tall stuff. Also got a bow shot boar that made made it about 100 yards in some darn thick brush. Good blood trail on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X