Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
        https://vimeo.com/146551244

Here's a short one.
        Thanks for sharing! Would love to see the full version

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
          Sweet!

But with that shot, it couldn't have been a very long track...
          Congrats and nice buck!!

Comment

Here's a short one.
            I love it.....

Comment

Got a call this morning from a lease member saying he shot 2 deer and couldn't find them. Put the dog on the ground and found the first one within 75yds. Then put her on the buck trail and she followed it for 650yds through some thick stickers and found the deer! Glad we could help him out and double up on recovery

Comment

So fellas I have a question. I haven't been able to get my hands on any blood to work my dog with. Ive used the store bought training scent, but that stuff is so strong I can follow it haha. I do have some ground venison in the freezer. Yall think if I thawed some out, and put it in a pair of panty hoses, it would work as a drag? Im wondering if enough juices would run out to leave a scent.

Comment

Originally posted by JANSLEY817 View Post
                  So fellas I have a question. I haven't been able to get my hands on any blood to work my dog with. Ive used the store bought training scent, but that stuff is so strong I can follow it haha. I do have some ground venison in the freezer. Yall think if I thawed some out, and put it in a pair of panty hoses, it would work as a drag? Im wondering if enough juices would run out to leave a scent.
                  If you ever come up towards Sherman I have some stuff I can give you. Should have more pretty soon, too, if I could shoot a deer.

Comment

I experimented with my Aussie the other day and put some ground meat in a paper towel, drug it across the yard, and put the meat at the end of a 30 yard trail. She followed the scent pretty well for an untrained dog, and there was zero blood spots involved. I'd say give it a shot

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                      If you ever come up towards Sherman I have some stuff I can give you. Should have more pretty soon, too, if I could shoot a deer.
                      I sure appreciate it. Ill see if I can make that happen. I am heading out this weekend though, maybe Ill get lucky and get one.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                        I experimented with my Aussie the other day and put some ground meat in a paper towel, drug it across the yard, and put the meat at the end of a 30 yard trail. She followed the scent pretty well for an untrained dog, and there was zero blood spots involved. I'd say give it a shot
                        Think Im going to give it a shot tomorrow.

Comment

Get you a minuature weenie dog. Naural deer dog. No training at all. Plus, they don't get out of site.

Comment

Might try and go to a local butcher and get some cow blood. There has been a few guys on here who used it to train with.

Comment

Good track for dimmit this morning guest shot buck quarter to us and hit behind shoulder. Got 1 lung and guts he hit the brush got out after finishing out hunt and I have him two hours. No blood what so ever. 125 yards through the thick stuff with a hard 90 degree turn 75 yards in he lay dead up under a Brazil. 148 5/8

Comment

Here's a short one.

Comment

Working...
                                X