Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking doom this post.

Comment

Triggers longest mock trail so far. 150-200 yards, not bad for a four month old pup.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
        Anyone around austin have some extra blood? Just picked up my pup and want to get her started but I won't be able to get to a slaughter house for awhile.
        Hey buddy I got you some blood!

Never thought in a million years I would say that to a man and mean it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
          Hey buddy I got you some blood!

Never thought in a million years I would say that to a man and mean it.
          Never thought I'd have another man tell me that. I appreciate it though lol

Comment

I'm sure it has been posted but what type blood do you guy use for mock trails? Does it matter? Is there any place to buy deer blood? Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tigers1 View Post
              I'm sure it has been posted but what type blood do you guy use for mock trails? Does it matter? Is there any place to buy deer blood? Thanks!!!
              Either deer or beef blood. I've never seen deer blood for sale. I was lucky to have some good guys get me a little extra and I'm trying to get some more if I kill anything else. If you read the first couple pages Tuco got a bunch of beef blood from a slaughter house. If you send him a message I'm sure he'd be happy to help. I talked to him a couple times real friendly guy but everyone I've talked to so far about it has been great.

Comment

Hey thanks a bunch...Tx89

Comment

4/4 with this track this morning spike shot at 17 yards only went 40 yards. Perfect practice makes a perfect dog
                  Attached Files

Comment

What all dog breeds can be used to track deer? Will a lab or golden retriever track?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisB View Post
                      What all dog breeds can be used to track deer? Will a lab or golden retriever track?

Yep if trained/exposed to it enough

Comment

My dobermanns tracked. However they were not trained and did it no where near the same way as my catahoula. They more or less got excited about the smell of blood and ran all over till they found it. But with that said they found a lot of deer for me not being trained.

Any dog with a nose and will to hunt can track.

Comment

My buddy has a huge male yellow lab that has turned into a great tracking dog.

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post

4/4 with this track this morning spike shot at 17 yards only went 40 yards. Perfect practice makes a perfect dog
                            Nice work Red and AD!

Comment

Thought this would be the best place to post this. Anyone have a link to the article that talked about Roy hindes and his dog jethro, that talked about how many deer he tracked in his career? I did a search and found articles about Roy but not about how many deer jethro found. I think it might have been a TTHA article. Thanks.

Comment

Since one of us didn't see anything this morning I figured I'd let my pup hunt a little. Only run a few trails but made this one a little tougher. Put one drop quarter size every 4 feet or so for 35 yards or so with a leg at the end.

Here's where she found it.

She had to bring it back and show me.

Comment

Working...
                                X