No announcement yet.

TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen many many bucks shot in the leg. But I've never seen a leg bone explode and fragment like this one did last night. I bet there was 20-30 pieces of bone. Dog jumped him after a 200 yard track and ran him over a mile and lost him. Couldn't get back on him. Now of course we have rain This am so our chances of finding have significantly decreased. Big buck too.

Comment

Been there brotha

Comment

Diesel found this buck today after a short track. Buck was rattled in mid afternoon. Bow kill at 12 yards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Diesel blood track.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	24346961

Comment

Sounds like Red is doing great and hes getting big. Heck of a trail for a pup. Congrats man sounds like he is well on his way.

Fc sorry to hear about not finding the buck. Looks like a good one too.

Another one for Diesel! Congrats.

Comment

way to go Froggy and diesel

Comment

Anyone around austin have some extra blood? Just picked up my pup and want to get her started but I won't be able to get to a slaughter house for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
                Anyone around austin have some extra blood? Just picked up my pup and want to get her started but I won't be able to get to a slaughter house for awhile.
                Start her off with some liver drags for know

Comment

Texas89 might be able to get you some down that way after next Sunday. I have plenty. I will be headed to the lease and have lease members down in your area. I will see if I can get some one to express it.

Comment

Where can you get a list of dogs and owners that track for the public? I have a property owner in the Freer area that shoots several hundred deer a year off their ranch and have never used dogs to track wounded deer. Wanted to give him some names to call.

Comment

I'd volunteer the drive just to get the practice with my dog. Free of charge. I'm a hour away in kings ville

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post

With any luck I can bring you some back from the weekend.

Comment

My cataohula boo Ray we have been trading him since he was a pup on his first real track for a nine point it took him like ten minutes going back and for when it is like nine meters away
                          Last edited by longhorn7; 11-24-2014, 11:34 AM. Reason: Did not ou my

Comment

For a tracker in the Freer area call Wade @ 361-660-4045

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                              With any luck I can bring you some back from the weekend.
                              I'd appreciate it. Good luck

Comment

When our dog'sreal blood d trail happened he went to a spot and came back over and over why is that
                                Last edited by longhorn7; 11-24-2014, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X