No announcement yet.

TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No luck guys. One small spot of blood. She tracked it along the way he said so i know she was on it then hit a fence.
    One thing is that it had something at the spot of the shot that looked like it was from the guts but could have been crap. If it's not guts that deer will live I think.

It was nice going to do this and meet Richard, he's a heck of a nice guy and it was a pleasure to spend some time there with him sure wish we would have found it for him though

Comment

That sucks it happens though.

Comment

Well we are on the boared with Reds FIRST official find. Arrowed a hog about 7 o'clock last night. Went to the truck got red and we went to work. He had a little trouble at first but when he got it he got it. Troup told me trust my dog and I did just that. As I followed him blood was getting better and better. 100 yard track in the dark and Red went right to the 100 lb boar. He was a lil freaked out when he walked up on a animal and not a treat but with me right there with him he was very confident. I'm a very proud father right now there's no better feeling than watching your dog work and succeed.

Hoyt21
        Attached Files

Comment

Oh yea we had to work off lead he was not having a leash connected to him. He slowed way down compared to the 100 miles an hour he goes on mock trails.

Comment

Thats awesome hoyt congrats! Thanks for sharing and how old is he now?

Comment

Good stuff

Comment

Red turned 5 months one the 22 Nd

Comment

Great job hoyt

Comment

Thanx guys I've had a lot of help from TUCO and TROUP

Comment

this thread is great! I think I am going to give it a shot with my Jack Russel mix. See if I can teach an old dog new tricks!

Comment

This is Jack. I got him from a buddy about 8months ago. He is around 4-5 years old. LOVES the woods, he goes mental when we go to the feeder and check cards.

He tried to take on a pig about 30lbs.. He goes after it and I hear a tussle and then a yelp. Jack came back with his tail between his legs... lol
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hoping to get my pup on her first trail this weekend. She's done great with mock trails

Comment

I'll have this nut in the ground blind with me this weekend! He's 2 for 2 on live tracks with hogs this summer, but he loves him some deer! The second we cross the cattleguard his head is out the window looking for deer to scare away lol

Comment

Good Looking Wirehair

Originally posted by JW-EW View Post
                              My wirehaired weiner
                              Now thats a good looking dog

Comment

Our Tracking Dogs

Snickers. Bullet and Dixie all AKC Wire hair Dachshunds. Some on here have their off spring.
                                Great Tracking dogs.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X