No announcement yet.

TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the long range antenna for that Garmin. You will thank me.

Comment

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
      He is doing good Steve.

I ran him on mock blood trails through the brush for the last few days and he did well, although I wish he would slow down a bit.

A few days back I ran him on a trail that went right through a herd of cattle.

He went right by them without giving them a second look. Any other time he is barking like crazy every time we drive past a cow in the Ranger.

I have been starting the mock blood trails out at a few of the deer feed stations and running them out from there 200-400 yards through the brush.

He's ready.....
      Thats awesome man and he looks great! Beautiful dog and jeep us updated on his first track

Comment

Shoot to wound Longer blood trails. Just kidding

Comment

Geeze 8 pages of dog talk and not hardly any yellow dogs!!!!! 14 plus years of tracking deer and the first and only deer I have ever found in an all out down pour. I'm talking water running down the road rain.

Comment

I dont see a wound on that buck! Good find and good looking dog!

Comment

Originally posted by BluDiesel View Post
              I dont see a wound on that buck! Good find and good looking dog!
              22-250 in the opposite shoulder. Wasn't much blood at all

Comment

Originally posted by krazykritters View Post
                22-250 in the opposite shoulder. Wasn't much blood at all

This is why I don't agree with that ^^^^ caliber for big deer

Comment

Yep. But hey don't listen to me I only track 8-10 a year that are shot with that caliber. I sure don't know what I'm talking about.

Comment

I seen my cousin shoot a big 8 in the neck at 60 yards with a 22-250 and it just ran off no blood no deer nothing. I'm pretty sure he puked after I left lol

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                      I seen my cousin shoot at a big 8 in the neck at 60 yards with a 22-250 and it just ran off no blood no deer nothing. I'm pretty sure he puked after I left lol
                      fify

anyhow, lets stay focused. blood tracking not the 22-250 dispute

Comment

ive posted my yella dogs!!!!! good luck to all the hunters and if anyone needs a dog in the central to east texas areas just holler at me!!

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post

Get the long range antenna for that Garmin. You will thank me.
                          Will do Mike, and thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                            fify

anyhow, lets stay focused. blood tracking not the 22-250 dispute
                            I'm hoping Reds blood trail this weekend will be a red carpet to success!

Comment

Any tracks this weekend ?

Comment

Yup, recovered a buck last night

Comment

Working...
                                X