No announcement yet.

TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a litter of Lacey’s that will be ready at end of May. I currently have 3 males and 2 females available. Anyone interested just pm me for info and pics.

I also have a 1 year old male available for sale that has been started on blood. I am keeping a male out of this litter and the wife said 3 dogs is too much. Pm me with any questions or interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Any recommendations for a tracking collar for a newby that doesn’t need all the bells and whistles and only has one young dog to start? Looking for something less expensive until I really get into things hard and heavy. Even up for used one if someone is upgrading. Thx for info

Comment

Hey guys, I’m in Junction working on the Double RR ranch this summer. Brought my dog with ya, spread the word! Got some finds under our belt looking for more tracks! Only ask gas and tip. Save the picture!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Picked up a catahoula pup couple of weeks ago, John Jeanneys book came in yesterday. Got some flying for work coming up this weekend, great time to pour through it. Cant wait!

Comment

Originally posted by BackwoodzHank View Post
            Picked up a catahoula pup couple of weeks ago, John Jeanneys book came in yesterday. Got some flying for work coming up this weekend, great time to pour through it. Cant wait!
            That book is a good one to have. My 1st dog was out of one of their dog they bred. They know a thing or 2 about tracking dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by BackwoodzHank View Post
              Any pics of the pup? Good luck on the training and keep us updated. Its fun to see and watch them progress and get better each track.

My crazy catahoula Delta has kept up her streak of costing me money and scaring the hell out of me. A week or so ago she was acting really lethargic not eating just not being her normal crazy self. Took her to the very and they just said a infection in her gut gave her some antibiotics and said she would get better. 3 days later it was only worse and ended up taking her to the emergency vet. Well x Ray's showed some bones in her intestine...she eats them all the time but there was some kinda blockage. Well surgery was the only option. They opened her up and low and behold the found one of my sons pacifiers. She has had a thing for them and has chewed up several. Well this one she swallowed and it got stuck then the bones got stuck with it and ended up poking a hole in her intestine. She had been leaking pretty much poison into her body for a week or so. They cut out the entire piece of intestine and sewed it back together. Got a call during surgery saying the didnt know if she would even make it through surgery . Then it was 4 days at the vet seeing if it would hold together when she started eating. She seems to be doing ok now that we have her at home but still not out of the woods yet. Crazy **** dog is an awesome deer dog and awesome pet but sure has cost me a small fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                Any pics of the pup? Good luck on the training and keep us updated. Its fun to see and watch them progress and get better each track.

My crazy catahoula Delta has kept up her streak of costing me money and scaring the hell out of me. A week or so ago she was acting really lethargic not eating just not being her normal crazy self. Took her to the very and they just said a infection in her gut gave her some antibiotics and said she would get better. 3 days later it was only worse and ended up taking her to the emergency vet. Well x Ray's showed some bones in her intestine...she eats them all the time but there was some kinda blockage. Well surgery was the only option. They opened her up and low and behold the found one of my sons pacifiers. She has had a thing for them and has chewed up several. Well this one she swallowed and it got stuck then the bones got stuck with it and ended up poking a hole in her intestine. She had been leaking pretty much poison into her body for a week or so. They cut out the entire piece of intestine and sewed it back together. Got a call during surgery saying the didnt know if she would even make it through surgery . Then it was 4 days at the vet seeing if it would hold together when she started eating. She seems to be doing ok now that we have her at home but still not out of the woods yet. Crazy **** dog is an awesome deer dog and awesome pet but sure has cost me a small fortune.
                Hate to hear that, hope she continues to get better
                Here is Buford; Buford T Justice from Texas
                Attached Files
                Last edited by BackwoodzHank; 06-07-2019, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Good looking pup sir and thank you!

Comment

I don't know.how I missed this thread. My family and I rescued a full blood blue lacy(its a long story)
                    I've started her on a few simple moc blood trails and it's really coming natural for her. I hope to get her on some real animals this fall.
                    (Photo by my daughter)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Well my dog got run over a few months back. Going to pick up another Teckel this evening to get started on.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice looking pup! I'm interested in knowing from others what the average expectations/experiences are with their tracking pups between the ages of 9 weeks and 6 months? I'm working with another young Bavarian Mountain Hound now, I think I was spoiled with my first. She started on mock liver drags and never looked back, showing an amazing amount of drive and determination from day 1 with intelligence and control. To this day she loves it!
                        Attached Files

Comment

TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Question, can I use a piece of a tanned elk hide as my drag? I’ve got a 5 month old Bloodhound and just grabbed a bottle of Bloodtrail by DogBone. I’d like to get him started soon and eventually work him to just scent trailing but I wasn’t sure if using a tanned hide would have any negative affects.

Last edited by Jim_IV; 09-12-2019, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190915_100101_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	24592302

Dogs found a good one the other night and picked up right there they left off last season. Hit was a little back and put them out 2 hours after the shot. BB went about 250-300 yards in a half circle both dogs nailed it. Nice little warm up before the season starts

Comment

I'm looking for either a started or finished tracker. PM me 832-274-5322

Comment

is 8 moth old Doberman / rott mix too old I knmow he not ideal breed but he smart as ill get out. and picks up on things quick

Comment

Working...
                                X