• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool. I may try to get my name out over there then

Comment

Reach out to Jerry Gregston, think he spearheaded the legislative effort, may be able to toss stuff your way. Know he was overwhelmed with calls last year.

Comment

Look up Oklahoma deer recovery on Facebook. They've got a list of trackers in Oklahoma on there. I believe you gotta be on lead & no weapons while tracking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

True in past tense. I did my first last year. Didn't know you could until hunter called and cut me off halfway through my "Gee, sorry" speech. I asked for wardens name and number, because I didn't believe hunter, and sure enough. He asked that I text prior to begining and when done, and exact location. I did several last year.

Comment

I tracked one in OK last year. Same deal, spoke with Warden before and after and ran on lead

Comment

Thanks for the info guys

Comment

I've hunted in ok a few times & have brought my smokey to track. All we did was contact the warden. It wasnt legal but most wardens would let you track. This year its legal & in the book. No need to contact the warden. Its a major accompaniment spear headed by jerry gregston.

Comment

Question for my fellow trackers: How many of y'all have a Facebook page either dedicated to tracking or that plays some role towards your tracking?

Those who do, has it benefited your business, increased calls, etc?

Those who don't, why don't you?

I built a web page that has definitely increased calls in today's technological world, but it doesn't require regular attention like a Facebook page does. Frankly, I'm a little too old for much more technology stuff, and the thought of keeping up a Facebook page feels tiring and tedious. But, if it were beneficial for increasing calls, then I'd be willing. Bottom line, I got 1 kid in college and another starting next year. Just trying to weigh worthiness of the time and effort investment. Your input is appreciated.

Comment

My first year with a FB page, I'm technologically disadvantaged but it's pretty easy to post a picture and do it right then and there!

Comment

I have a Facebook page gulf coast blood trackers. Most of my calls come from people off it. You can reach a lot of peopld on Facebook. I also get numerous calls for track's not close to me. I pass them off to people in there area or recommend someone to call.

Comment

I maintain a website and a Facebook page but the FB page is more about improving SEO for the site, networking and branding.
                          The majority of my new business every year comes from word of mouth advertising. Probably 65%. Another 30% comes from internet searches that lead to my site or listing on Texasbloodtrackers.com. The rest comes from the TBH tracker list and advertisements in our local feed stores and gun / bow shops.

Comment

I put my dog on some blood today...should I have had some deer hide at the end of the track?

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                              I put my dog on some blood today...should I have had some deer hide at the end of the track?
                              Doesn't hurt to have some hide or a little meat at the end of the trail for them. My dog has never been to a trial or competition but pretty much finds the end of the trail for me every time. He is very food driven. First blood I showed him was from a pig and he trailed it about 200 yards until it left the property where I called him off. next was on a doe I double lunged in Mississippi with a 38-55, she went about 100 yards. The next day I drug some of the liver 200 yards and another trail 400 yards, he got a treat of liver at the end of both those. Since then he knows find it is the command for trailing and once he is on blood he has either found the deer or the deer was seen later on very much alive. Coldest trail I have put him on was 16 hours after they lost the trail, that deer had gone about 200 more yards before succumbing to its rear leg shot.

I just offer his services for fun for him not as a business. Game Warden, feed store and Processor in the area have my number. If we are out we will try to help

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                                Awesome
                                How are those Jagdterriers on tracking? Have been looking at them, but also wanting a house dog as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X