• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sika View Post
    Giant axis recovered last night!

[ATTACH]861778[/ATTACH]
    Awesome bull! Congrats to you and Rowdy

Got Delta on an axis for a buddy a few weeks ago but can't post pics with the photobucket crap. Had to work her on a lead which we both hate due to it being a small property but she did awesome and made short work of the 180 yard track.

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
      Beautiful Axis! Long track?
      Not to bad...the hunters tracked him about 250 yards before they lost the trail.
      We picked up where they left off and went another 600 yards to a dead deer.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
        Awesome bull! Congrats to you and Rowdy

Got Delta on an axis for a buddy a few weeks ago but can't post pics with the photobucket crap. Had to work her on a lead which we both hate due to it being a small property but she did awesome and made short work of the 180 yard track.
        Got to keep them sharp in the summer! Was that over in your neck of the woods?

Comment

Not to bad...the hunters tracked him about 250 yards before they lost the trail.
          We picked up where they left off and went another 600 yards to a dead deer.
          Awesome job! Got to love being able to get em on a few in the off season.

Comment

Got to keep them sharp in the summer! Was that over in your neck of the woods?
            Yes maam. It was definitely nice getting some work in this time if year and first track we have been on since Feb or so. She nailed it perfectly and for the first time it wasnt a major pain in the *** to work her on the lead. She actually waited for me to get through the brush before dragging me around. Deer was hit high and a bit back...went in behind the shoulder up high and ended up coming out in the opposite flank. Very little blood to work with but she did great.

Comment

Congrats cortney and rowdy

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	24502418
                Catch is now eating dry food he has been taking it easy though. Thanks everyone for thoughts and kind words he is gonna be fine now. I made a mistake and trusted a guy that said a dog was vaccinated when he wasn't. Tread light when getting a dog from Steve Rattan. Hopefully he will get to see a lot of deer this year ar the ranch with Remi"pyscho baby". Come on October

Comment

I have a frozen deer hide if anyone wants it for free.
                  Ponder TX

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

Comment

New to the tracking dog world, I will start training my new mini long haired dachshund Jax shortly. I have read through a lot of this thread but was curious to see if anyone had any advice on training a dachshund or a smaller dog in general. Thanks!
                    Attached Files

Comment

I'm getting a German shepherd pup in about 8 weeks. Has anyone ever used one to track deer? They seem to have great noses, they are used as drug and bomb sniffing dogs. I know that I will have to socialize the crap out of him, but he should make a good tracking dog. I just think it's weird that I don't see anyone using one. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Msgreenga View Post
                        [ATTACH]862896[/ATTACH]
                        Catch is now eating dry food he has been taking it easy though. Thanks everyone for thoughts and kind words he is gonna be fine now. I made a mistake and trusted a guy that said a dog was vaccinated when he wasn't. Tread light when getting a dog from Steve Rattan. Hopefully he will get to see a lot of deer this year ar the ranch with Remi"pyscho baby". Come on October
                        Glad to hear he is doing much better

Comment

Originally posted by SETXslayer View Post
                          New to the tracking dog world, I will start training my new mini long haired dachshund Jax shortly. I have read through a lot of this thread but was curious to see if anyone had any advice on training a dachshund or a smaller dog in general. Thanks!
                          Didn't want you to feel ignored. I have not worked with small dogs, thats why I hadn't responded, my only concern would be coyotes, at least up in the Panhandle where I'm at, I'd want to keep it on lead, which means recovering only dead or immobile deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Of Texas View Post
                            Didn't want you to feel ignored. I have not worked with small dogs, thats why I hadn't responded, my only concern would be coyotes, at least up in the Panhandle where I'm at, I'd want to keep it on lead, which means recovering only dead or immobile deer.

This is what I'm worried about with my JRT. We also have lots of big birds of prey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 14 month old black cur dog for sale if anyone is looking for a deer dog this year. Pm me if you want info. Old school, stock bred cur dog blood

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
                                This is what I'm worried about with my JRT. We also have lots of big birds of prey.

Yeah, I know trapper down in the Hill Country, showed me a trailcam photo a while back of coyote with JRT in his mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X