X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dustinm View Post
    rocked it, thanks brotha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, what were the details of the track? Did all 3 dogs track ?

Comment

No, the dog in the back is a pup, put her on the line the last 100yds after the other two "found"

Comment

No, the dog in the back is a pup, put her on the line the last 100yds after the other two "found"

Cool, but how long was track ? How much blood? Gun or bow

Comment

It was a rifle shot, a little back, hunter used a .223. There wasn't any blood or hair visible at the hit sight. Although these 2 dogs had spent time around one another, it was there first time to work together. They performed masterfully, when one got in a bind on the track the other picked up where the other left off, so it seemed, and vice versa. Proud of how the pup jumped in and finished off the line. It was her first time off lead and at night. She was a little distracted at one point, but where the 2 older dogs found, we had jumped several animals that were tooling around and had left hot scent(she's 5 mos old). We reset her and she finished out.

Comment

Dogs did great remi and blue banged it out worked like a team little boyfriend and girlfiiend action a little scuffle at the find but that was when we got up to them so we got em leashed up pretty fast but bess got some chewing in was a good night. Long night but w good one

Comment

It was a rifle shot, a little back, hunter used a .223. There wasn't any blood or hair visible at the hit sight. Although these 2 dogs had spent time around one another, it was there first time to work together. They performed masterfully, when one got in a bind on the track the other picked up where the other left off, so it seemed, and vice versa. Proud of how the pup jumped in and finished off the line. It was her first time off lead and at night. She was a little distracted at one point, but where the 2 older dogs found, we had jumped several animals that were tooling around and had left hot scent(she's 5 mos old). We reset her and she finished out.

That's what I'm talking about. Good job to the handlers and the K-9's.

Great story thanks for sharing

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	24490824
                Wanted to share a pic of remi from few weeks back on a black buck track she just turned 9 months today hoepfully we can put some tracks together this spring on the exotics before it gets hot

Comment

Nice congrats remi

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hit to put my pup Oakley on two hogs the other night. The first one was a easy 75 yrds or so. The second was about 175 yrds with no visible blood. I would have never found it without him. All the training is paying off an I am VERY proud of him. Can't wait till deer season!!

Comment

Well dome guys. Almost makimg me wish we had a few exotics in the Panhandle.

Comment

Check out this stud axis buck! 5 non-typical points!

I got the call about 9:30 the other night. The outfitter said he knew the buck was hit in the paunch and they jumped him while looking for sign.

Since it was so late and the ranch was over 2.5 hours away, we made the decision to wait until morning to get on him. I got there a little after sunrise.

Rowdy had no trouble lining him out. She went 700 yards through the bursh, across a ranch road and up a little draw.

That was when things got a little weird.

We found and marked a few spots of blood along the way. There was a small circle of blood where the buck stopped near the edge of the road then a couple of smears on some rocks on the hillside. Right after the last smear, Rowdy jumped a group of hogs. They were literally bedded right on the blood trail.

The hogs left and I got Rowdy back on the trail but she was having trouble from there. She would cast out but always return to last spot of blood. After about 30 minutes of waiting on her to get back on track, I decided we should walk back to the truck for a water break then resume the search.

We walked about 300 yards toward the truck, backtracking to make sure there wasn't something we missed.

Suddenly Rowdy stopped. I heard her in the brush before the collar even alerted that she was on point. I eased over to her and found her tugging on the buck. Something had eaten his guts.

So, we ended up trailing blood about 700 yards but the deer was laying only 400 yards from the truck. I don't know if he went across the road then doubled back or if the hogs feasted on him, scattering scent and leaving fresh"blood trails" all over the hillside. That would explain why the last spot of blood we found was a smear???

It was a puzzle but we sorted it out!

[ATTACH]849267[/ATTACH]

Comment

Great job y'all!! Haven't met yet but have heard a lot about you and your dogs[emoji1531][emoji1531][emoji1531]

Comment

And... it wouldn't surprise me one bit for those hawgs to get in there and tear up the guts. Totes tend to get in the hams along with the wounded area, IME. Probably explains your smears on the rocks.

Comment

Coyotes not totes!

Comment

Congrats to rowdy and Remi

Comment

Working...
                                X