No announcement yet.

Homemade weed killer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can loan you my dog. Everything he pees on dies. EVERYTHING.

Comment

What's orange oil and where do I get it? I'm making this formula, but I think the orange oil may work better in the sprayer than the salt

Anyone?

Also is this a good solution to clear grass and weeds with before planting a food plot?
      Last edited by AntlerCollector; 06-05-2014, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
        For serious jobs: 2 parts used motor oil, 1 part diesel.....doesn't look purdy but it works!...for a long time.

Comment

Tagged for later.

Comment

1 part gasoline, 3 parts fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              Dang, I did not know that about Roundup. I have used it under trees and in flower beds, and it never affected the trees nor the future growth of flowers.

Thanks, Charles for the Dr. Dirt video; that answered my questions about vinegar. I have read Howard Garrett's stuff for years. He is a Pittsburg, TX native.
              Red Raider too!

Comment

Originally posted by texas bound View Post
                Tagged for later.
                X's 2

Comment

If one wishes to “Control” for the year. One might consider Sprakil Sk-13 Granular Weed Killer. Works well the duration of nonproductivity for a period of a year or more dependent upon rainfall, soil type and other conditions. JMO why fight it simply kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    What's orange oil and where do I get it? I'm making this formula, but I think the orange oil may work better in the sprayer than the salt

Anyone?

Also is this a good solution to clear grass and weeds with before planting a food plot?
                    Following. Looking for a safer weed killer for my food plot as well and wondering where to locate orange oil?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Anyone?

You can get Orange Oil at any quality Garden Center or Feed Store. I just bought some less than an hour ago from the Local feed store along with the Vinegar.

Comment

I have seen the vinegar one several times. Never used it. Probably going to soon to get out of weedeating.

Comment

This and thin it down with water/diesel and dish soap. It kills everything.
                          Remedy from TSC mixed with diesel is hell on Mesquite. I have read alot ont Vinegar, never tried it though.

Comment

The vinegar recipe does work have used it for a few years
                            have sprayed a week later went in tilled and planted with no problem

Comment

If your mixing up enough to a 25 gallon sprayer that's a lot of vinegar to buy. Never seen it in larger container than 1gallon. Any home mixtures for killing mosquito? Been using remedy and diesel.

Comment

FYI, that vinegar mix kills grass too.

Comment

Working...
                                X