Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife wants to go to Hawaii, we've never been...help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife wants to go to Hawaii, we've never been...help!!

My wife doesn't ask for much but she really wants a pool and to go to Hawaii. Can't do the pool yet soooooo, can anyone make any suggestions on a couples first trip?? Where when how??

Maui at the end of February or early march is awesome!!! That's when the humpback whales migrate

Comment

We are headed there in July for a week. Setting up my bowhunting options as we type........AXIS may get chased hard!!! Oh, we are slated for Oahu but may change the reservations to Maui........as that is the island with the AXIS Deer.............LOL!!!!

Comment

Maui is a beautiful place you will have a great trip!

Comment

Kauai, and if you happen to hear the crowing of roosters in the distance... ask a local.

Comment

Any recommendations on packages, resorts to stay in??

Comment

I'd stay off Oahu with the exception of seeing Pearl Harbor. Other than that, waaaay to touristy. Other islands much quieter and nicer.

Dave

Comment

I think I have a problem flying that far over open ocean. Might need some Xanax. If I go all that way, I'm definitely hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                  I'd stay off Oahu with the exception of seeing Pearl Harbor. Other than that, waaaay to touristy. Other islands much quieter and nicer.

Dave
                  WE are slated for Oahu but may change to Maui but we will have two 16 year old girls and don't want them to get overly bored on a smaller island.

Comment

Wherever you decide, try avoid non stop out of DFW and opt for a lay over in LAX.

I never wanted so badly to get off a flight....

Comment

Oahu is a tourist trap and way over priced. If you are military or retired military you should be able to get the Kaimehina (Local} rate. Can be a big or small savings. Anything you can buy downtown at a huge price most can be purchased at the swap meet at Aloha stadium I believe on Saturdays. Maui is really the place to go honestly. Slower paced and more of the couple environment. Be advised that there is a drug crisis throughout the islands (ICE). The outer islands like Maui close up around 11pm. I spent 7yrs on Oahu with the military. There's great people there and much of the outer Islands are populated by native Hawaiians. When not deployed I mainly spent my time under the water scuba diving. If that interests you and you go to Oahu look up Island Divers, ask for Matt Zimmerman and tell him Ben Marks recommended you. Island Archer is the local archery shop, I believe Dianne will be your POC.

Comment

We enjoyed Maui and will be going back.

Comment

My wife and I were married on Maui. I highly recommend it over Oahu. Oahu is like having Houston on an island. We stayed at turtle bay, but it still was way to busy for my tastes. Maui was laid back with plenty to see.

Comment

This won't be a fishing or hunting trip,, gonna be all about the wife and she is mainly into sightseeing, relaxing and enjoying a good night out. Are there any particular resorts or hotels I should look into that are good for relaxing and enjoying time together?

Comment

we go to Maui all the time.. it's our favorite island.. I'd recommend somewhere in Kaanapali or Kapalua. Try the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Villas.. they're condos and are fully equipped with all the amenities of home.. and I like the beach in this area too.. great area to snorkel.

Comment

Working...
                              X