Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WCB View Post
    Maybe just to **** you off??

This is my saying, when something happens I don't like. I think they do it just to #### me off!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      LOL do you live in communist China? or America?

I suppose you will do your part in not having in kids in your new marriage?...Afterall he or she will need a house when they become of age. I'm sure in 20 years there will be need for more housing if you do have kids.....much like our parents did....
      I'm not saying they don't need homes. I'm saying stop building them by the thousands in tight spaced, poorly constructed neighborhoods, then finding people to buy. Find a customer, then build him a house. And it has nothing to do with Communism, it's incredibly Capitalist in fact. Supply and demand, you want to live here, you'll have to pay the asking price. I also suppose I said it wrong, I'm not saying cities should stop all construction, I'm just saying, stop allowing builders to come in, design and build a subdivision with 750 houses on a small plot of land where you can literally reach out toot window and touch the neighbor's house. Have standards and enforce them. We have a huge influx of people fleeing to Texas from states they destroyed with poor political choices. Texas will fall soon enough too if we don't slow the flow (no pun intended). There are FAR more homes being built in Texas right now than there are babies reaching adulthood in Texas. That's because our economy is the best in the nation, and it's not the best because of a bunch of California liberal transplants coming here after the downfall of their economy. Texas doesn't have the infrastructure or natural resources to support the population of the whole country moving here.

Comment

think about the population base that draws its water from austin area water systems..... the golf courses do use a lot of water but how often does the average person flush a toilet every day, simple numbers for immediate austin area,, 1 million,,, at 5 flushes a day,,,, 5 million gallons is on the low side because only the newer toilets flush only 1 gallon, how many of the old ones that used 2-3 gallons per flush are still in use,,,, now think of the same number of people taking showers i have no idea how many gallons get used in a tube for children,,, again conservative numbers would put shows at 5 gallons,, that's another 5 million per person,,,

washing clothes dishes and hands will probably add about another 5 million, and we have not even got outside an average home into restaurants and businesses...
        as much water as golf courses use they dont get numbers that big,,, i like to play golf ( at which i am just slightly better than terrible!) but they could certainly get by with a lot less and not really suffer that much and just keep the greens watered ... but looking at any one source of water use is stupid... we eat rice and lots of it, they have an actual need, as do the crawfish we get from the rice farms.... makes a lot more sense for them than a golf course to get any,,, but we havn't even slowed the use inside the houses and apartments yet......... car washing,,, makes em nice and shiny but not needed in the least,,, nice to have a green lawn, but we then have to keep it mowed and waste a lot of gas there.... conservation is needed at every level,,,

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
          I'm not saying they don't need homes. I'm saying stop building them by the thousands in tight spaced, poorly constructed neighborhoods, then finding people to buy. Find a customer, then build him a house. And it has nothing to do with Communism, it's incredibly Capitalist in fact. Supply and demand, you want to live here, you'll have to pay the asking price. I also suppose I said it wrong, I'm not saying cities should stop all construction, I'm just saying, stop allowing builders to come in, design and build a subdivision with 750 houses on a small plot of land where you can literally reach out toot window and touch the neighbor's house. Have standards and enforce them. We have a huge influx of people fleeing to Texas from states they destroyed with poor political choices. Texas will fall soon enough too if we don't slow the flow (no pun intended). There are FAR more homes being built in Texas right now than there are babies reaching adulthood in Texas. That's because our economy is the best in the nation, and it's not the best because of a bunch of California liberal transplants coming here after the downfall of their economy. Texas doesn't have the infrastructure or natural resources to support the population of the whole country moving here.
          There are not that many houses being built and not sold...if there were they would stop building them......I PROMISE you that. I say stack'em in like cord wood, apartments too...leaves more room for the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            There are not that many houses being built and not sold...if there were they would stop building them......I PROMISE you that. I say stack'em in like cord wood, apartments too...leaves more room for the rest of us.

yup...

Comment

In MArble Falls and Burnet the effluent water is treated and reused.

Comment

Back to the original topic....if they are releasing all the water from Marble Falls it should help fill up Lake Travis. You would think with all that water that has fallen the last 4 days that Travis would be filling up more than it is.

Are they releasing water from L. Travis?

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                  Back to the original topic....if they are releasing all the water from Marble Falls it should help fill up Lake Travis. You would think with all that water that has fallen the last 4 days that Travis would be filling up more than it is.

Are they releasing water from L. Travis?
                  Yes

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    Yes
                    OK if Lake Travis does not fill up substantially from these rains then I have no words to describe how stupid that is. I assume they know what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      In MArble Falls and Burnet the effluent water is treated and reused.
                      that's good I guess but it shouldn't be and wouldn't be neccessary with proper development planning to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        So you are suggesting that folks quit making babies to stop needing more future housing?

I understand the lawns and the pools but housing, showers and toilets are pretty much a necessity..
                        Absolutely!!!!! Quit having babies......

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          that's good I guess but it shouldn't be and wouldn't be neccessary with proper development planning to begin with.
                          Used for golf course etc...

Comment

So anyone figure out why they were releasing so much water from Lake Marble Falls and into Travis?

On the LCRA website it says 1,600 CFS for yesterday. Had to of been 3-5 times that the day before though.

LCRA’s Hydromet is a system of more than 275 automated river and weather gauges throughout the lower Colorado River basin in Texas. The Hydromet provides near-real-time data* on streamflow, river stage, rainfall totals, temperature and humidity.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              So anyone figure out why they were releasing so much water from Lake Marble Falls and into Travis?

On the LCRA website it says 1,600 CFS for yesterday. Had to of been 3-5 times that the day before though.

http://hydromet.lcra.org/riverreport/report.aspx
                              Probably just to **** you off.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

http://hydromet.lcra.org/riverreport/report.aspx
                                Lake Marble Falls is a constant level lake so when its above normal like now they release water to maintain level for the electric turbines.

I just checked and Lake Travis did not release yesterday (5/26). Maybe they are not releasing water.
                                Last edited by unclefish; 05-27-2014, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X