Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't hold a grudge to save my life.

Comment

There's nothing healthy about holding a grudge. It only hurts you. Even if you feel justified in your feelings, holding a grudge is pointless. Theres power in forgiveness! If you have a grudge against someone, in a way they have a little power over you cuz they got to you. Forgive them and let it go.

Comment

Not a chance. It will kill you....

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400244164.923465.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	24305238

Comment

I'll forgive someone but will forever have an eye on them. I have a tough time forgetting.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            Life's to short.
            Easier said then done...but it's the best option

Comment

Originally posted by bmactx67 View Post
              I'll forgive someone but will forever have an eye on them. I have a tough time forgetting.
              x2

Comment

To carry a grudge is similar to injecting poison in your own body.

Comment

I've always very naturally got over it.

Comment

a grudge is like a critter you take deep in the woods, the longer you carry it, the heavier it gets

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      I think I was born without the ability to hold a grudge.
                      No matter how sorry someone does me and ****** me off in a matter of days I'm over it.
                      I have even tried to hold grudges because I was so angry but just cant
                      Oddly enough, I am the same way. Unfortunately, people see it and it has caused me to get burned many times, but I guess it's just the way I am. I just shrug it off and keep moving forward. It drives my wife crazy.

Comment

I only hold grudges against individuals who have done me wrong multiple times. After 2 times, I pretty much disassociate myself with that person moving forward. I'll be cordial, (as in saying Hi or good morning) but that's it. No chit chat or "how's ya mom and all of em'?" You'd have to do something really low to get on that list.

Comment

While I do not forget when someone wrongs me, I do not actively hate anyone. It takes too much energy. When you carry a grudge you are renting space in your heart and mind to that person. They are not worthy of that.

Comment

Reminds me of a story I used to read to my kids....

Two traveling monks reached a town where there was a young woman waiting to step out of her sedan chair. The rains had made deep puddles and she couldn’t step across without spoiling her silken robes. She stood there, looking very cross and impatient. She was scolding her attendants. They had nowhere to place the packages they held for her, so they couldn’t help her across the puddle.

The younger monk noticed the woman, said nothing, and walked by. he older monk quickly picked her up and put her on his back, transported her across the water, and put her down on the other side. She didn’t thank the older monk, she just shoved him out of the way and departed.

As they continued on their way, the young monk was brooding and preoccupied. After several hours, unable to hold his silence, he spoke out. “That woman back there was very selfish and rude, but you picked her up on your back and carried her! Then she didn’t even thank you!”

“I set the woman down hours ago,” the older monk replied. “Why are you still carrying her?”

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                              I don't hold grudges, I get even.
                              I don't get even... I get ahead....

Comment

I don't think it's natural for us to want to forgive, but we must learn how to at some point.

"The most valued attributes of mankind do not come naturally to the human animal; character borrows from the divine."
                                -- A.S.A. Jones

“To err is human, to forgive, divine.”
                                ― Alexander Pope, An Essay on Criticism

“One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.”
                                ― Rita Mae Brown

“Forgiveness is not about forgetting. It is about letting go of another person's throat.”
                                ― Wm. Paul Young, The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity

“A life lived without forgiveness is a prison.”
                                ― William Arthur Ward

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." The Apostle Paul, Ephesians 4:31-32

Comment

Working...
                                X