No announcement yet.

Can I legally shoot a drone down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it fly in from same spot always? put up a net and snare it! Not your fault guy flew into your net right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
      I would say take it out. You cant record the police without permision or you go to jail. so I would say it is illegal for someone to record stuff on you property with out your knowledge.
      ? Im pretty sure you can record the police. We just watched a home video of the guy that had his dog shot by the deputy. Besides MOST agencies record themselves.

Comment

Can you shoot a gun in your backyard?

If you can shoot a gun in your backyard without the cops getting upset, you probably will not have a problem with them if someone complains you shot down a surveillance device videoing you on your property without your permission.

Have you ever considered giving them something rude and obscene to video?

Comment

Is anyone near you having a pool put in? A guy here at work sat with the pool builder of his pool while he flew his over his pool and neighborhood to let him see what it looked like from the air and what the other pools looked like, I really don't know the purpose of it but it did happen. Odd I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            Then Criminal Mischief it would be.

Jury Trial, please.
            x2

I don't think a drone similar to what's described in this thread will have FAA numbers on the tail.

It might fly over my property, but it's not flying home if I have anything to do with it!

Comment

I have a neighbor that had a hot air ballon land on his farm. We have a lot of them here in NJ! He didn't like it and took his brush hog to it.

Cost him $50k!

Be careful, but if you must please post the video and the resulting confrontation.

Comment

Shoot it down and set the example. The airspace above your place MIGHT be public but even airplanes can't fly below 500ft in a rural area. Shoot it down and have it mounted on your wall.

Comment

I live in the country on 8 acres of cedar and oaks. I've left the cedar for the privacy. You can not see my shop and my house is half a mile further back. I really like my privacy. I have had things stolen in the past but not in the last several years. Both times it has been seen it has come to the welding shop from the direction of my house. My wife has heard it at my house but thought it was a swarm of bees flying over.

The consensus of several law officers that have contacted me is that it is illegal to shoot it down. It is also illegal for them to record the images it "sees". If I did shoot it down, which I am definitely not going to do, I would be in the wrong. However, the person couldn't prove I did it with out self incriminating them selves by having recorded images of me doing it. So, as usual, the Moser man was right.

As far as laying out in a speedo, I would be too afraid that the guy would put it out on the internet and my place would be over run with beautiful women looking for me. That would make my wife mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                    I live in the country on 8 acres of cedar and oaks. I've left the cedar for the privacy. You can not see my shop and my house is half a mile further back. I really like my privacy. I have had things stolen in the past but not in the last several years. Both times it has been seen it has come to the welding shop from the direction of my house. My wife has heard it at my house but thought it was a swarm of bees flying over.

The consensus of several law officers that have contacted me is that it is illegal to shoot it down. It is also illegal for them to record the images it "sees". If I did shoot it down, which I am definitely not going to do, I would be in the wrong. However, the person couldn't prove I did it with out self incriminating them selves by having recorded images of me doing it. So, as usual, the Moser man was right.

As far as laying out in a speedo, I would be too afraid that the guy would put it out on the internet and my place would be over run with beautiful women looking for me. That would make my wife mad.
                    That is the exact reason I don't wear one.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post

Ill come shoot it down for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                        That is the exact reason I don't wear one.
                        I felt like a lot of guys on here would under stand and would have the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ey View Post
                          Snap a pic of it. Go to a hobby shop that sells them and ask them what kind of transmitter will operate it. Buy a handful of frequency chips and the controler. Next time if flies over take over the controls, crash it and return your controler.
                          That's a great idea. I'm going to save this so I'll remember it.

Comment

Just for those who might relish the thought of a load of 3" #4 lead laying a full choke pattern across one of those little babies as much as I would...it's worth mentioning that some of them do have a built in GPS to locate them with a smart phone in the event of a crash. So be ready to "deal" with that pretty quickly before disposal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Just for those who might relish the thought of a load of 3" #4 lead laying a full choke pattern across one of those little babies as much as I would...it's worth mentioning that some of them do have a built in GPS to locate them with a smart phone in the event of a crash. So be ready to "deal" with that pretty quickly before disposal.
                              Shoot it......throw it in the truck.... drive to the nearest gas station and stick it in the bed of someones else's truck

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Pretty sure Draco has a torch that would make that GPS inoperable in short order.

Comment

Working...
                                X