No announcement yet.

Let's see yalls lifted trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is a risky question with this group but I really want to know. Why do so many lift their trucks? It makes it slower, wear out quicker and your wheel travel is lost. Especially the guys putting metal blocks on their factory shocks and factory leaf springs. The over size tires slow down the truck and rub fenders with any REAL off-roading.
    Isn't it similar mentality as the thugs who put 24's and subwoofers in a stock Honda?
    I mean some lifts improve performance like long travel kits but those probably account for 1% of lifted trucks. Is it purely a cosmetic thing and just to "look cool"?
    Last edited by bermise; 05-11-2014, 05:22 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]620440[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
        I know this is a risky question with this group but I really want to know. Why do so many lift their trucks? It makes it slower, wear out quicker and your wheel travel is lost. Especially the guys putting metal blocks on their factory shocks and factory leaf springs. The over size tires slow down the truck and rub fenders with any REAL off-roading.
        Isn't it similar mentality as the thugs who put 24's and subwoofers in a stock Honda?
        I mean some lifts improve performance like long travel kits but those probably account for 1% of lifted trucks. Is it purely a cosmetic thing and just to "look cool"?

We should all just drive bone stock civics.

Comment

2008 King Ranch Super Duty

Cold air, 5 inch straight pipe, hands mini max tuner, 37s and 20 inch xd wheels

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRanchero View Post
            2008 King Ranch Super Duty

Cold air, 5 inch straight pipe, hands mini max tuner, 37s and 20 inch xd wheels

What kind if bumpers are those?

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
              Frontier Bumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                The front would be a Frontier.

Comment

Im guessing you couldn't get a lift kit for your Prius?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    If you have to ask that question or ask about gas milage ,stay on the front porch ! Or run with the big dogs .

Comment

[ATTACH]620472[/ATTACH]

Comment

Just order it !!! It's on the way

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
                          This truck is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by KSHogman View Post
                            [ATTACH]620472[/ATTACH]
                            Can we get a discount if we buy in bulk? That thing is awesome!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              That's awesome!

Comment

I spend a lot of time in the pasture and when you have rain and low spots your thankful for your lift. Also try driving through a low water crossing that has about 12-15" of water on it without a lift.

I've got a 6" lift on 35" tires and I have still managed to hit the bottom of my truck in hog rooted spots.

Comment

Working...
                                X