Strava cycling app for TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
    I see that Ryan was able to add his miles for this week. 399.8 is monstrous to ride in that time!!

Maybe some day when I grow up I will be able to roll a century ride. I have just over two years to get ready for the HTH 100.

Everyone needs to be extra careful out there with these summer temps finally setting in! Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!! If you don't have to stop somewhere along your ride and go potty, you haven't drank enough fluids IMO.

That ride wasn't as bad as I thought it would be....

Comment

had close call #3 today. Some **** almost rear ended me as I approached the community college.

I think I'll start riding with my Go Pro all the time now.

For those of you who might be on the fence about getting into riding. Let me tell you, it's great for getting your cardio up.

Finished my ride 20 minutes ago, took a cold shower and I'm still sweating. It is a very low impact type of exercise. Believe it or not it's actually helped me with my back problems. Made my core stronger over time.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
        For those of you who might be on the fence about getting into riding. Let me tell you, it's great for getting your cardio up.

Finished my ride 20 minutes ago, took a cold shower and I'm still sweating. It is a very low impact type of exercise. Believe it or not it's actually helped me with my back problems. Made my core stronger over time.
        This is 100% why I got into riding, I use to run but after tearing some cartilage in my knee chasing a wounded bear in Colorado that ended my running days. The bike gives me the cardio and leg strength I need to pack in 6 1/2 miles into some really tough country during Elk season. I add in some P90X Ab Ripper a couple days a week and this helps with the core muscles. That 40 lb pack isn't getting any lighter each year.

Comment

My son in law uses it all the time for cycling and running

Comment

Who all could do this ride as a group ?

Comment

Looks like a good ride, but isn't that opening day of bow season?

Comment

Bow opener weekend

I don't know that I will be hunting that weekend, so would consider the 50, possibly 67. Not sure I could handle the 100 yet.

Comment

I have missed the bow opener before so I can miss it again. I would only do the 50 because i will be on my mountain bike, and i dont have one of those super cool TBH jerseys. That thing looks like it is uphill most of the way too BTW.

But if a group wanted to get together I would be down for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    Looks like a good ride, but isn't that opening day of bow season?
                    I'm sorry I thought that was the week before. I was just trying to find something in the middle of everyone. But hey I don't have a lease this year so I'm in !

And not everyone has to do the same distance, do what you can and we all meet afterwards for food and drinks !
                    Last edited by 7sdad; 07-28-2014, 01:35 PM.

Comment

The wife and I might be down for that. The 25mile route looks pretty tame and the 50mile route seems to have one step mother of a hill. Has anyone done this ride before?

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                        The wife and I might be down for that. The 25mile route looks pretty tame and the 50mile route seems to have one step mother of a hill. Has anyone done this ride before?
                        I noticed that - at mile 26 it looks like a steady climb of almost 3 miles! Pretty much down hill with a few rollers from there though.

Comment

Jordan lives in Waco so maybe he can tell us how hard this ride is.

223 foot gain over 2.56 miles.
                          Last edited by 7sdad; 07-28-2014, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                            Jordan lives in Waco so maybe he can tell us how hard this ride is.
                            I looked up the 50 miles route. It doesn't look to be too bad. The biggest climb is where you cross hwy 84 and go south. I do that climb a lot and it's not too hard if you take your time. I think anyone who rides fairly often wouldn't have much trouble at all. Plus the second half looks to be almost entirely down hill give or take a few sections. Hopefully I'll be able to ride this with those of you who decide to do it.

P.s. Go look at my Strava account and in my last couple of rides there is a segment called "Old Lorena - Church to Chapel" and you can see more info on that hill. It's really nothing to worry about.
                            Last edited by jhatt87; 07-28-2014, 02:29 PM.

Comment

During bow season but not the opener.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                                Who all could do this ride as a group ?

http://www.wacowildwest100.com/
                                I would be down for this more than likely

Comment

Working...
                                X