Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Strava cycling app for TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mary View Post
    We are all logging in some good mileage. We should put together a group ride somewhere centrally located.
    I would be down for this depending on time and location.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
      Finally got the call. My new tires are ready to rock baby!!!

I'm going from this fat 2.0 tire to the 35c. Kinda deceiving but they're both 29" tires.
      Diameter seems quite different, how is the ride? Is that just from the tire itself or are the rim diameters different?
      Last edited by Pedernal; 07-19-2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Mission accomplished

Comment

Nice ride Jenn

Comment

Wow what a ride! Great job Jenn!

Comment

Thanks y'all!

Comment

Dont believe the altitude part of the Strava app. Toby and I rode together today and it gave me about 400 feet gain more than him.

And if I ever get cycling shorts and skinny wheels, you people don't stand a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                  Diameter seems quite different, how is the ride? Is that just from the tire itself or are the rim diameters different?
                  2.0 isn't fat. I ride 2.3's tubeless at low pressure....
                  Also, the diameter is the same. Mountain tires are measured in Inches across the tread. Road tires are measured in millimeters across the tread. Most race (road) bikes have 23-25 mm tires. Touring and cross bikes normally have 25-28.

What he is is a cruiser type tire. Larger than what would go on a road bike, but smaller and slicker than a mountain tire.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                    Dont believe the altitude part of the Strava app. Toby and I rode together today and it gave me about 400 feet gain more than him.

And if I ever get cycling shorts and skinny wheels, you people don't stand a chance!
                    Yes, for whatever reason, that part isn't accurate. It shows my highest climb is 15ft. really, 15ft. I've ridden all of Big Cedar trail, and that has a Strava rated Class 4 climb on it. Yet it still shows my highest climb is 15ft.

Comment

If you look at it now Glenn it corrected itself. I am tired after this week of riding. Over 100 miles on a mountain bike in a week is hard work. I hit it hard the last 3 days and covers some serious ground. Everyone had a great week of riding. I think I will be taking it easy next week. I have to head to Amarillo on Tuesday so I will hit some trails up there and get off the roads I think. Can't wait for my road bike to get in this next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                        Sorry for the delayed response. Just got back into town.

The ride is remarkably different. The skinnier tires are much faster but I sacrifice some comfort. The bike also feels like it lost a little weight too. It was just a hair over 20lbs before and I bet I'm under 20 now.

For now this bike is a very happy compromise since I didn't want to get a road bike. I slacked a little last week but am ready to hit it hard.

Comment

Originally posted by CitifiedBowman View Post
                          2.0 isn't fat. I ride 2.3's tubeless at low pressure....
                          Also, the diameter is the same. Mountain tires are measured in Inches across the tread. Road tires are measured in millimeters across the tread. Most race (road) bikes have 23-25 mm tires. Touring and cross bikes normally have 25-28.

What he is is a cruiser type tire. Larger than what would go on a road bike, but smaller and slicker than a mountain tire.
                          I beg to differ. On the road 2.0 is HUGE! I've been riding it this way for a couple of years and had no complaints. Definitely much more rolling resistance on a 2.0 mtb tire as opposed to a 35c touring tire. If I was running tubes I could with a higher PSI but for now I have them set at 50.

My trail bike is another story. I'm running 2.4 Purgatory's front and rear at around 24psi. Trail riding is a whole other animal than a paved surface.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                            I beg to differ. On the road 2.0 is HUGE! I've been riding it this way for a couple of years and had no complaints. Definitely much more rolling resistance on a 2.0 mtb tire as opposed to a 35c touring tire. If I was running tubes I could with a higher PSI but for now I have them set at 50.

My trail bike is another story. I'm running 2.4 Purgatory's front and rear at around 24psi. Trail riding is a whole other animal than a paved surface.
                            So do you have any wet surface riding on these tires? If so, how do they perform for you? I am a bit leery of going full slick because I don't want to dump it if the road is a little damp.

Comment

So do you have any wet surface riding on these tires? If so, how do they perform for you? I am a bit leery of going full slick because I don't want to dump it if the road is a little damp.
                              They are not complete slicks but I know how you feel. I won't be taking any fast hard turns until I see how they perform over time.

Comment

I've only been back at it for a few weeks but I've noticed my balance and basic bike handling skills are kinda slow coming back - ie: drinking at speed and getting the bottle back in the cage without looking, being able to glance back over my shoulder without swerving, etc. this morning I tried to come to almost a complete stop and do a tight U-turn on the trail without unclipping one foot - almost had one of those embarrassing slow motion crashes. I'm guessing all that will come back eventually but there is no way I would try to ride in a pace line right now...

Comment

Working...
                                X