Strava cycling app for TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    Somebody help - I must be a techno moron. I have ridden three times since getting strava and have not been able to make it work. I open the app and press the red dot in the middle and see the clock start running. I drop my phone in the back of my jersey and take off. When I'm done I pull out the phone and it is paused at 2 or 3 minutes and nothing has been recorded. What am I doing wrong?
    We can figure this out.
    Mary had trouble with hers, location services wasn't turned on.
    Maybe that's your trouble.

Comment

For some reason the Strava app is real finicky when it comes to my GPS. Most times I have to open and close the app several times to get it to find the GPS signal. Once the signal is locked on I'm good to go.

Still, Map My Ride & My Tracks picks up the signal quicker.

Comment

I have a question... Are y'all using iPhones? I have an android and I have no trouble like what y'all are describing... Yet anyway

Comment

I always have my wifi on and when I start I make sure it has good Gps signal in the top left before I take off. Before I drop it in my pocket I lock my phone so it will not pause. I have been using the app for a couple of years and never had any issues with it

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
            I have a question... Are y'all using iPhones? I have an android and I have no trouble like what y'all are describing... Yet anyway
            Yes, iPhone.
            Strava has tracked me for over 3,000 miles and never given me trouble.
            I'm not very technical... But the gps tracking is in our phones, not the app.
            My guess would be Jerp's (and most folks) troubles are settings within their phone.
            But that's just a guess.

Comment

Thanks Clark - that was it. The location services was disabled for strava. My next ride will be Tuesday, I bet it will work.

Comment

I just signed up last week.

Comment

I had a very busy week, then was at ranch work weekend.... so failed miserably on putting any miles on the board for this week. Going to try to get out tonight....BUT, the plan is to get back to normal next week. Focus is back on.

Comment

For those in the club that are road riders, What sort of mount are you riding? I've started shopping for a road steed. I am well versed in mountain bike components, geometry etc.

I'm thinking of some sort of bike with 105 level components, and the best frame I can come up with, but I figure I'd ask.

This will be my 2nd bike, so I won't go crazy on the cost, spent enough on the Mountain side of the house.

Comment

I may not make it back out tonight... or if I do it may be pretty short. I've baked in the 100 degree sun all weekend watching my oldest play baseball and I'm still feeling it...

Comment

Originally posted by CitifiedBowman View Post
                        For those in the club that are road riders, What sort of mount are you riding? I've started shopping for a road steed. I am well versed in mountain bike components, geometry etc.

I'm thinking of some sort of bike with 105 level components, and the best frame I can come up with, but I figure I'd ask.

This will be my 2nd bike, so I won't go crazy on the cost, spent enough on the Mountain side of the house.
                        There are some pretty good deals out there on used bikes - I would at least look into going that route. I bet you can find a used bike with Ultegra or maybe even Dura Ace components for the same or just a little more than a new one with 105. Higher end bikes seem to depreciate quite a bit for some reason. Everybody wants to buy new...
                        Last edited by jerp; 07-13-2014, 04:28 PM.

Comment

You y'all help me out ? You can follow the link and please LIKE the picture of my grand daughter and if you share the picture she will receive a second vote. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CitifiedBowman View Post

I purchased a 2012 new off the rack in the fall of 2013 at a reduced price, you may ask them if they have any older new bikes left.

Comment

Dang....bottom of the white board again.

I actually was not going to be on the board at all, but made it out tonight to test my mountain bike after the tune up. I have decided I really don't like this bike, but can't decide what I want to do with it. I need some advice.

I am thinking about selling the Trek mountain bike and just buying another set of good wheels (already have the tires) for the Canondale. My Canondale is a cross bike and I have used both types tires on it...but have currently been using it as a road bike. The only problem with the Canondale is it has no shocks for the off-roading stuff.

But here is the deal...I am not really into the hard core mountain biking anymore, and doubt I will be again. I'm just not sure if I will regret not having shocks if I decide to get off road on more trails (albeit easier ones) without shocks.

You guys that know more about this, advise me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                                Dang....bottom of the white board again.

I actually was not going to be on the board at all, but made it out tonight to test my mountain bike after the tune up. I have decided I really don't like this bike, but can't decide what I want to do with it. I need some advice.

I am thinking about selling the Trek mountain bike and just buying another set of good wheels (already have the tires) for the Canondale. My Canondale is a cross bike and I have used both types tires on it...but have currently been using it as a road bike. The only problem with the Canondale is it has no shocks for the off-roading stuff.

But here is the deal...I am not really into the hard core mountain biking anymore, and doubt I will be again. I'm just not sure if I will regret not having shocks if I decide to get off road on more trails (albeit easier ones) without shocks.

You guys that know more about this, advise me please.
                                What is it that you don't like about it?

I wouldn't sell it. I'd try putting some slick tires on it. I did that and now I don't ride my road bike.

Comment

Working...
                                X