No announcement yet.

Eco Boost V6 vs 5.0 V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2013 Echo Boost 2wd. LOVE IT. great milage. 19 avg mpg. Just pulled a 6k camper 550 miles. got 13.8 mpg. and plenty of power. I can get 22 MPG hwy going to SA.

Comment

Originally posted by texasokie2 View Post
      After seeing the dash display I'm wondering if the mileage being reported is from what the truck display says or actual gallons used divided into miles driven? There usually is quite a difference. Usually the truck reading is more favorable than the pen to paper method.
      Yes there is a difference. Subtract about .5 mpg from that figure. It can vary. I've calculated any from -.2 to -.8 mpg difference on my truck.

Comment

Link to the tuner
        Fuel tables are modified for either better economy or all out performance. Depending on your needs is how most tables are set up. We have noticed on the F150

Comment

A lot of people see "ecoboost" and think it's a mileage engine, which it is not. It's a hauling engine that happens to get decent mileage for what it can pull.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
            A lot of people see "ecoboost" and think it's a mileage engine, which it is not. It's a hauling engine that happens to get decent mileage for what it can pull.
            I think your description is accurate... BUT... Ford markets it for gas mileage as well and even emphasizes over other good qualities of the engine... If they'd just be honest about it in their advertising, there'd probably be less complaining about it...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              I think your description is accurate... BUT... Ford markets it for gas mileage as well and even emphasizes over other good qualities of the engine... If they'd just be honest about it in their advertising, there'd probably be less complaining about it...
              I feel the exact same way.

Comment

I have a 13 XLT, 4x4, 5.0, 3.73 rear end w/ a 6ft bed. I just did my first old change this past week and now Im averaging 18.3. I averaged 16.5 with the first & factory oil but never got #s like this when it was brand new. Highway & gravel roads mostly, some in town driving.

My only complaint is mine will not turn around for squat.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Tick View Post
                  Is the warranty on the Eco the same as the v8?
                  Yeah it is.

Comment

Just think about the 2015 dropping 700lbs off it. That like taking 700lb load out of the bed of the truck. What's your guesses on the gas mileage then?

Comment

My company ride is an ecoboost. More power then my previous V8s and my average gas milage is 18.2mpg. 76,000 miles on it already. Only weird thing is how quiet it is. I kinda miss the V8 growl.

Comment

Originally posted by Extremehunter37 View Post
                        Just think about the 2015 dropping 700lbs off it. That like taking 700lb load out of the bed of the truck. What's your guesses on the gas mileage then?
                        It will have smaller displacement engines as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          It will have smaller displacement engines as well.
                          Same motor's available and a couple more

Comment

5.0 for sure!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Varmicon_qa View Post
                              My company ride is an ecoboost. More power then my previous V8s and my average gas milage is 18.2mpg. 76,000 miles on it already. Only weird thing is how quiet it is. I kinda miss the V8 growl.
                              That was one of the first things I noticed about mine too... how quiet it is... Sounds like a "rice-burner" from the outside though..

Comment

2012 Ecoboost 4X4 Screw, running 32in BFGs with a 2in leveling kit. 48,000 miles.
                                I can get around 18-20 on the highway if im easy on the peddle. But that lasts about 10 minutes. so I average 15-16 on the hwy. plus I'm usually loaded to the hilt.
                                As for towing im usually in the 12-13 range. In the city im around 14-15 depending on how big of a hurry im in.
                                I have had 0 issues with the eco and would buy it again. It is quick, quiet, fun, fast, and has power all the way to 100 where the governor limits me.

The leveling kit and tires killed my gas mileage.

Comment

Working...
                                X