No announcement yet.

How many divorced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17 years and 20 days, when she pulled the plug on our's. Can't say I'll never do it again, but I might be a little harder to tie down next time.

Comment

Never divorced thank God, been married almost 14yrs. Luckily my wife and I get along well, really never had the desire to fuss and fight. It would literally kill me to get divorced being that we have two kids, it would have to be very bad for me to do that to them. I've told my wife several times that if I ever found myself single for whatever reason, I wouldn't do it again. Thats not to say that its been a bad expereience, quiet the opposite in fact, but there is no way that I'd subject myself to someone elses crazyness, ex's, kids, etc..... I'd chase women and fish, hunt, or whatever I wanted to do.

I have plenty of friends and co-workers who have been down the divorce route, some several times. What a mess, really devistating financially, for their kids, emotionally, etc... I never knew it was so hard for adults to get along. I think a lot of people spend way too much time focusing on things to fight about, life is about having fun and enjoying the things you like to do. I guess there are a bunch of incompatable people out there who need some common hobbies.
      Last edited by rockyraider; 04-14-2014, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Been divorced once.

Much more careful selection the second time around. Going on 30 years married now.

Comment

We'll celebrate our 29th anniversary next month, dated for 7 years before that.
          The 'D' word has never been in our vocabulary and through even the rough times we both knew that the only option for us was making it work.
          Understanding that our covenant involved three (her, me, God) has made all the difference for us.
          Blessed indeed.

Comment

Married for 20 years in June.

We have had our fair share of hard times, and some have really tested my ability to forgive and forget. But I have had to change myself to make it work, forever I was about working to make all that I could to give my family everything they wanted, but reality was what they needed most was me, they needed me to be at home and be a father and husband more. So I took a 60k cut in pay and find a way to make life with a family work..
            Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 04-14-2014, 08:02 AM.

Comment

feel sorry for all yall single men. Yes women are tough sometimes, but life is meant to be lived with a good one by your side!

Life isn't the same...just gotta find the right one

Comment

Originally posted by giterrell View Post
                feel sorry for all yall single men. Yes women are tough sometimes, but life is meant to be lived with a good one by your side!

Don't feel sorry for me!!!! And who says life is meant to be married? I sure as hell don't beleive it.

Comment

Was married for 10 years. Divorced for a year now with no plans of getting married again.

Comment

Originally posted by giterrell View Post

Absolutely! The key "A GOOD ONE!"

Comment

I have been divorced for ten years. The longer you are single the harder it is to think about a serious relationship again. Not saying that is a good thing. But, I heard this and now have realized... it is factual.

Comment

Single

Comment

Now on my third and FINAL marriage. We're 41 hours and 20 minutes into it. So far, so good!

Comment

I met my wife in college and went together for 5 years before we married. Was married to a wonderful woman for 31 years. She died from cancer in 2000. Worse 10 months of my life watching her die a little bit each day. Met a great woman in 2002[her husband had died from cancer]. We were married in 2004 and have a great life together. She says if I every divorce her she will take all my mounts[especially my hog mount]. so looks like we will have to stay married...ha....Shoe

Comment

Been married 4 yrs. almost divorced twice. My fault. I had papers drawn up twice. We realized God has a plan for us and our marriage that's out of our sight. So we declared to stick to our vows no matter how rough it gets. And let me tell ya brother. It gets **** tough at times. But it's worth every day we stick it out.

Comment

2 time loser. Been single since 1976.
                                Been with current girlfriend for 10 years come June.
                                Don't see any reason I should change it.

Comment

Working...
                                X