No announcement yet.

Houston Rodeo CHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just left exhibitor parking and cart took me to back side of barn. Didn't even have to show pass.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDieselKid View Post
      Out of the 6 days i have been down there/here, they pat/wand everyone at every entrance i have passed (4 different gates).
      There are 9 gates entering Reliant park

Comment

Clear to me it says that the law dawgs are going to clear you at the gate.

Comment

Just went through exhibitors gate. No wands and no one checking other than scanning passes.

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
            There are 9 gates entering Reliant park
            Plus a few secret committee entrances, the one Rodeo Operations uses is just a hole in the wall off LaConcha with only a rent-a-cop asleep in their car.

Comment

Originally posted by arcfiddler View Post
              I just leave the weapon in the truck and take my wife in. She is soo mean nobody is going to mess with me.
              I would never leave a weapon in the truck, that's just asking to fall into the hands of a criminal. I've had a CHL since they started handing them out, in cases like these where it becomes a PITA or things are open to interpretation I just leave it at home... I aint that freakin scared to be unarmed.

Comment

This is what is happening to everyone that is not a committee member (and their guest), or has a livestock exhibitor pass at the 4 entrances I pass by everyday. This is the entrance to the grounds, not the rodeo itself. This was yesterday....

Comment

Yep. The gate by our shack started wanding about 3 pm yesterday.
                  I'm looking at it right now and they are not wanding yet, but I'm sure they will start soon.

Comment

I went to the Dallas Fair last fall and they only asked to see my CHL license... The Dallas Sheriff just glanced at it and said "go on".... No big deal to enter the fair ...but I didn't go into the Cotton Bowl game either..

Comment

Did not get wanded on Wednesday. Fixin to head down there in a few minutes. Will see bout today.

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                        Yep. The gate by our shack started wanding about 3 pm yesterday.
                        I'm looking at it right now and they are not wanding yet, but I'm sure they will start soon.

Gatekeeper?

Well then I'm wondering if its a time of day thing?

Comment

:banghead::banghead:

Comment

I have been all over the show areas all week and have not seen any wands at all, actually half the time the are not even checking for passes/badges

Comment

Gatekeeper?

Safety. Our shack is right by the Naomi gate.

I'm looking at the gate right now and they are not wanding yet.
                              But with it being the weekend and more people earlier, I'm betting they will start soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X