No announcement yet.

GRXH 2014 - The Epic Recap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best time of my life, cant wait for next year. I'm bringing an extra prop and no more coconut tequila... Dirtymike loves cocoanut tequila...lmao
    Last edited by Z7buckmaster; 02-23-2014, 07:40 PM.

Comment

1. Get rid of your beans by Friday at noon
      2. Bring extra cloths in case you for get your beans.
      3. Don't count on any slack for forgetting your beans from your bow brothers. Your going in the drink!
      4. I HATE cocoanut tequila!!!
      5. I know why it is archery only! You people are crazy.
      6. Brazilians sounds like coonazz's
      7. Don't trust me with your boat.
      8. Cat fish taste better than pork
      9. Don't ever waterfall
      10. Don't shoot at the granger gorilla

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
        1. Get rid of your beans by Friday at noon
        2. Bring extra cloths in case you for get your beans.
        3. Don't count on any slack for forgetting your beans from your bow brothers. Your going in the drink!
        4. I HATE cocoanut tequila!!!
        5. I know why it is archery only! You people are crazy.
        6. Brazilians sounds like coonazz's
        7. Don't trust me with your boat.
        8. Cat fish taste better than pork
        9. Don't ever waterfall
        10. Don't shoot at the granger gorilla
        Lol

Comment

Here is a pic of the river pig.

Navychief and alaskanassassin hauling their pig back to camp.
          Last edited by Birddog66; 02-23-2014, 08:01 PM.

Comment

We are doing name tags next year. Nothing fancy, just duct tape and a sharpie; too much for my wee brain to remember!

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
              Here is a pic of the river pig.

Navychief and alaska assasin hauling their pig back to camp.
              I got your fishing Birddog!! We can meet up somewhere and get that back to you.

Comment

*fishing pole

Comment

Originally posted by Txpepper View Post
                  *fishing pole
                  Thanks man! Ill come get it this week.

Comment

1. Hitting a hog leg has more meaning than you think
                    2. Ryan still crawls like a drunk girl - wait that was a drunk girl
                    3. You can't stick raw meat in my backpack - been doing this 14 years
                    4. Socks still get wet in a perfectly dry boat
                    5. Waterfall is a word that should be used by the experienced or stupid
                    6. If you hear a hen turkey yelping whilst being in your tent, its Edward.
                    7. Fillet knives can cut more than fish
                    8. No matter if it is predicted to be 40 degrees, put on your underquilt.
                    9. Leave your phone off - Kruger has a paddle
                    10. The Granger Gorilla wears body armor!

F*EPIC it was. Without the participants this doesn't get nearly as close to as interesting at it gets. Yes, DJ Waterfall - you are the new Ryan. Ryan, you are promoted to Private from Puke. Anyone one that takes a hog leg to the chin is worthy of promotion. You still can't hang with us but at least you are fun to watch - just not as fun as DJ Waterfall.

Duc-tape - NA! Written in permanent marker across your forehead - with blood type
                    Last edited by Wildman; 02-23-2014, 08:10 PM.

Comment

What's up with the steaks? I thought you could not bring any food on this hunt? That is part of what has kept me away. Looks like y'all had plenty of pork this year, though!

Looks and sounds like a great time!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        What's up with the steaks? I thought you could not bring any food on this hunt? That is part of what has kept me away. Looks like y'all had plenty of pork this year, though!

Looks and sounds like a great time!

Bisch
                        Steaks were on Thursday night during the pre-hunt; the hunt starts Friday at Noon, no food after that.

You would know that if ever attended one... It's okay though, Wudstix took up the slack for the trad guys this year. He shot a double with a longbow!

Comment

hunt starts Friday at noon,they had steaks thursday

Comment

This hunt was F®Epic!

I got into hogs on almost every hunt in almost every spot.

10 things I learned at GRXH 2014.

10. I can run the river and not hit a stump.
                            9. Waterfall being screamed for the 20th time at 3 am makes for a long night.
                            8. Hanging from a tree is for the birds. Or those with backs, better than mine.
                            7. Even with 9 hogs killed you can still not get enough food..
                            6. Bringing your deer hunting arrows with good broad heads and lumenocks, gets real expensive when shooting at hogs.
                            5. There are more and more women coming to this hunt.
                            4. An honest man will stand on a table and admit his faults to everyone....and then take a swim.
                            3. Sometimes people just swim in the cold river for reasons not clearly understood.
                            2. Pigs swimming the river are in trouble.
                            1. Pigs at Granger really do have nike's on.
                            Last edited by huntinfool; 02-23-2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

TMiddleton and I chased down a hog and between the two of us managed to run it down, shoot it several times while running and all within 300 yards. However trying to figure out how many arrows you shot and where they landed is much harder.

The drag out in the future will be better planned.
                              Thanks buddy, I had a great time and I can't wait for next year.
                              Last edited by huntinfool; 02-23-2014, 10:02 PM.

Comment

1. There were some impressive hunters out there this weekend.
                                2. Granger pigs smoke cigars.
                                3. Don’t turn your back when meat is being cut. Granger pig parts can fly.
                                4. Anytime I hear the word waterfall from now on, I’ll probably laugh.
                                5. Don't forget to dispose of any extra beans brought in the night before.
                                6. Granger pigs don’t swim fast enough when first timers are on their way to camp.
                                7. Don’t try chasing pigs like you’re a young buck when you’re not.
                                8. I never knew a turkey could sound so funny.
                                9. Kruger, Wildman and Waterfall (or should I say Waterfalldown) provide awesome entertainment.
                                10. I’ll never look at another apron the same EVER again!!!

My bonus #11. Something I thought I'd never hear at 7pm on Saturday night on a GRXH with about 50 people in attendance.
                                Sackett: Do we need to fry up some more of that hog?
                                Wildman: Dude, I'm not hungry.

I had an absolute blast this weekend and enjoyed sharing the campfire with all of you. I'm already looking forward to next year.

For those of you that expressed an interest in the longbow I had out there that Bobby won for the biggest hog killed, PM me your info and I'll see what I can do to get one made for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X