No announcement yet.

Where to go in New Mexico???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santa Fe is beautiful! Go check out the Loretto Chapel, the Plaza for some good food and a little shopping, and Hermits Peak.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      Go where the black panther go!
      I'm not quite sure how to get to NeverNever Land...is it close to Oz?

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
        I'm not quite sure how to get to NeverNever Land...is it close to Oz?
        I'm not sure, but I know it exists!

Comment

Been going to cloudcroft for 30 years love it

Comment

Carlsbad Caverns is incredible

Comment

Roswell...always a great drive and stop place to just look around

Comment

Since you will be close, why not go on out to the sand dunes in Alamogordo. Also the area from Alamogordo to Las Cruces has some of the strangest situations on gravity that I have ever seen. There are lots of interesting places out in New Mexico, such as Chaco Canyon, the ice caves, inscription rock etc.. There is definately more to see and do that one can get done on one trek into New Mexico.
                Last edited by Cropduster; 02-20-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Been to Angel Fire and Red River multiple times. If going during Spring Break, I hope its a ski trip because it is probably not a good time for Hiking, fishing, ATV, etc. August is the time for that and Red River is your place.

I have done all of the above at Red River in August and man it is nice after a full summer of Texas weather. Trout fishing in streams and they even have stocked ponds dedicated to kids. Many ATV/Jeep trails all over that take you up in the mountain to lakes and such. Should even find some snow at the top of the trails in summer. Plenty of rentals available or bring your own. All the hiking you can stand. Quaint town with good eats and nice and safe atmosphere to walk the streets at night. OutdoorLegacyGear on here even traveled to Red River to get married in the Community Center. His family has gone in August every year for 50+ years. My .02 but prob won't help you for Spring Break.

Comment

We've been to Red River and did everything you listed. We're headed there this summer again. I would recommend going there. There are numerous places to visit that are close by, Angel Fire, Eagles Nest, Taos etc.

Comment

Don't waste your time at the billy the kid trap. It is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by noodle_hunter View Post
                        Don't waste your time at the billy the kid trap. It is a joke
                        But do stop with your kids at the Tourist Trap on the way known as The Big Texan. Its a standard stop for us. Its a trap but we can't resist and the boys love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cropduster View Post
                          Since you will be close, why not go on out to the sand dunes in Alamogordo. Also the area from Alamogordo to Las Cruces has some of the strangest situations on gravity that I have ever seen. There are lots of interesting places out in New Mexico, such as Chaco Canyon, the ice caves, inscription rock etc.. There is definately more to see and do that one can get done on one trek into New Mexico.
                          A white sands hike at sun set is hard to beat.

Comment

Also, if you are out that way you need to see and drop a few rocks off the bridge over the Rio Grande. I remember this well as a kid.

Last edited by hardtner; 02-20-2014, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              She's going to be underwhelmed with the Billy The Kid museum in Fort Sumner, besides....Billy The Kid is buried in Hico!

Red River is hard to beat.
                              Forget the Billy the Kid deal. Extremely boring, nice typewriter collection though

Comment

If you want to see Billy the Kid stuff stop in Lincoln where the Chisolm Lincoln county wars were fought. It has the court house where Billy was imprissoned and fought his way out. Pretty neat little stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X