Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Summer time outdoor clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer time outdoor clothing

Sorry to start a clothes discussion, but what do you wear on the deer lease or ranch in the summer when temps are pushing 100+ with high humidity?

Jeans are too hot to wear for extended amounts of time outdoors. My redwings fill up with sweat. If I wear shorts, my legs get raw from briars, brush, chiggers, and ants. I've tried the breathable "fishing style" pants, but they tear to shreds really quick. I generally don't like elastic waist bands either.

Is there some type of pant that is breathable, but durable?

Im trying to get the right gear in place for the summer that will quickly approach.

Snake boots and shorts for me.

Comment

I'm tuned in. Usually wear jeans but I'm tired of feeling like I'm standing waist deep in a pool of water from sweat.

Comment

Shorts and snake boots if I am going to be out in the pasture

Shorts and flip flops/tenny shoes if I am just going to be around camp

Comment

If I am doing any kind of work i have jeans and boots on, as far as that being too hot, I don't know, have you ever paid attention to the Mexican people, they usually have long sleeves on to boot they say it keeps them cooler.

Comment

snake boots shorts fishing shirt to stay cool and yeti full of water and beer!

Comment

Wranglers boots and tee shirt. All the time.

Comment

Yal need to try some Mountain Khakis. They fit good and arent' as hot as jeans or hunting pants. I love them.

Comment

maybe look into duluth trading on some of their lightweight pants. i don't have any but they are pretty durable.

Comment

Yup, I just do boots and shorts. And Under Armor T-shirt, they are very comfortable in the heat

Comment

Boots and Shorts for me. Legs get chewed up some from vegetation but I try my best to walk where they ain't.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                        Snake boots and shorts for me.

This plus a big straw hat and light t shirt.

Comment

Snake boots and a smile. Seriously, summer mountain wear pants work for me to keep the brush off my sexy legs.

Comment

Kuhl pants

Comment

I always wear jeans, boots, and t-shirt when I'm cutting brush, moving through the thick stuff, etc. Now if I'm only filling feeders, I'll do shorts.

Comment

Working...
                              X