No announcement yet.

Good Morning from the Trapline...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much(length)chain are you using on your coyote sets?

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      How much(length)chain are you using on your coyote sets?
      8 inches with a Berkshire 15inch anchor

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
        NOT SO GOOD this morning, LOL!!

Kids caught 3 really good sized coons this morning a 2 really upset skunks.

I figured NO PROBLEM, kids I got this..

Walked to the back of the jeep to get ready for the task ..

Got my Pole out, checked my hypo, now for the acetone...Hey..weres the acetone guys...

Silence.....More Silence...Acetone was left at home on this wonderful morning..

I HATE SKUNKS..
        dang, I jinxed you!

explain the acetone.....??

Comment

ITS ALL YOUR FAULT BROTHER!!!! LOL!

Acetone in a 12cc syringe on the end of a set of 1/2 and 3/4 8ft sections of Cpvc (1/2 is used as a plunger) soft injection behind the shoulder and animal passes quickly a dosent spray...

Comment

What size and brand traps are you using for the yotes?

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
              dang, I jinxed you!

explain the acetone.....??
              ^this. I was wandering also what the acetone is for?

Comment

ITS ALL YOUR FAULT BROTHER!!!! LOL!

Acetone in a 12cc syringe on the end of a set of 1/2 and 3/4 8ft sections of Cpvc (1/2 is used as a plunger) soft injection behind the shoulder and animal passes quickly a dosent spray...
                ahhh....sounds great - I used a .22 to the head

and he sprayed.

Comment

So did you make the boys skin the skunks out? The Skunk essence is worth more that the hide...

What brand of #4 did you get? I just ordered some Duke #4 – 4 coils.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBear View Post
                    What size and brand traps are you using for the yotes?

We use sleepy creek no 4s for coyotes and cats.

I will post up pics of my acetone setup for everyone later today.

Skunks get dispatched the buried. Set gets remade..draws them coyotes right in..

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                      ahhh....sounds great - I used a .22 to the head

and he sprayed.
                      An old government trapper once told me to gut shoot the skunks with my 22 and they die without spraying....nver tried it tho....

Comment

LOL!! Kids called and asked if you would check their snares...

Just picked up another coyote..

Comment

Kind of slow here. I've taken 6 coyotes, 6 coons, 3 skunks and one bobcat.

Comment

Do you kill all the critters with acetone, or is that just for the stinky ones? That's cool, never heard of that.

Comment

The sets depend on personal taste and area. We use natural terrain to create a funnel. usually one trap on one side of a log and one on the other. Chain is about 5 feet long and hide the anchor in pine needles. We use hog guts as attractant. Also, we use gloves while handling the traps. Take saran wrap and place it over the trigger then use gopher dirt to cover the entire trap and trigger. 15 yotes and 18 bobcat so far this year. Not even counting coons this year. LOL

With all of that being said, I have to admit that I am not able to participate as much this year with the trapping. I have been out of town working. My trapping partner is responsible for all the hard work. LOL

Comment

Skunks get dispatched the buried. Set gets remade..draws them coyotes right in..
                                I heard you can burry a skunk and leave just the tail sticking out of the ground and set 2 traps on each side and catch coyotes....Never tried it but might with the next one..

Comment

Working...
                                X