Dallas area advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas area advice

I'm taking my family to a wedding in Dallas on 1-6-07. It's at the Embassy suites 13131 N.C. Expressway. Is it in a ghetto part of town. How is that hotel? Thanks>Scott

It's on North Central Expressway (Hwy 75/I-45) just north of LBJ (I-635). That's not a ghetto part of town. But I'm not familiar with the hotel.

The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.

Comment

Not a great area by any means, I suggest you go north a couple of more miles to Richardson or Plano. Very much worth the drive. I work across the street from there at TI. That intersection at Maham and Old School has a conveinace store that attracts a unfriendly crowd at night.

Comment

dont go out at night its not a real bad area like some others around but you still have to be careful

Comment

Not so great oart of town. Not that bad either. Dont go to the movie theatre off of spring valley that place attracts the ghetto.

If you want to take the family out head north to Plano on 75 or go to downtown McKinney. A lot of cool little stores there and stuff to look at.

Comment

Welcome to Dallas!

That area has been getting worse over the years. Right behind the hotel on Emily street is low income apartments with a high crime rate.

The bright side is just north of there is a Bone Daddys.

Comment

That part of town ain't to bad. But I wouldm't go anywhere around there at night, or leave anythig in your car...
              Go North like others said.
              Hooters in Plano is a nice place. Tell Charity, or Sadie, er a maybe you ought to leave my name out of it...

Comment

Bring your bow, I"m a member of the Texins Archery Club that is across the highway from that hotel. We'll go shoot.

Comment

Like others have already said, you would be better off going a little further north.

Comment

not the worst area but certainly not the best! don't go out after dark and don't get lost in the neighborhoods. definately don't go wandering around behind the wal-mart/movie theater area.my advice would be to head north also,or better yet out of dallas area completely,but then i'm kinda partial to my small east texas towns!

Comment

The area is not the greatest, I would stay there (with my pistol). However, I wouldnt drive to Plano or McKinney either. Go a couple of miles west on 635 and stay either North or South of the airport. Lot's of good shopping and eating to be had in that area. Grapevine Mills Mall, Bass Pro, PF Changs, all the good stuff!

Comment

Working...
                      X