Online Arial View of Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Arial View of Property

Someone posted a link to look at places (property) via Arial view. I just looked at GoogleEarth and TerraServer but they don't let you zoom in like the other site that was posted. I am trying to get a view of a wash and pond, but can't zoom with the other sites

What is a good viewer?

never mind, GoogleEarth is showing me the ants on the ground. I had my settings off on my monitor

Comment

Danny,

Mytopo.com. Go through it like you're ordering a map (aerial) and you can look around as a topo to find what you want, then click black and white or color. Proceed like you're buying it, then say you want to preview the map. Show the details, and save the jpeg image. You can cut just the portion you want in Microsoft Photo Editor to print out.

Or tell me where it is and I'll do it and email you the jpeg file.

Comment

I got the map from you Bill and was just looking at the lay of the land. Getting ready to do some Aoudad hunting

Comment

What more detail/ info are you looking for that's not in the map I sent? It's 1:5,000 I think which is about the closest view you can get, heck I could see all the individual bushes on the property! I have the jpeg of the map, you can cut and inlarge a portion I guess but it would not be as clear as the one you have. I can send you the topo map of the area with countours if that would help.

Comment

Mapquest.com has ariel view options now as well. I've found thier maps to be more current than Google Earth. The mapquest version on our lese you can see the white roofs of some of the stands that were put out 2 years ago.

Comment

google maps

Comment

Bill, I am just zooming the draws and washes. I am looking for my trophy auodad but I can't get close enough....... Seriously, I am just zooming the roads/trails and the draws so I can get ready to start building and placing stands/feeders.

GoogleEarth is doing what I need.

Comment

I like what you've done to your hair, Danny.

Comment

Maybe you can zoom in and find the 4th doe

Comment

Also, find out exactly what type of older cell phone is needed and let's see if we can find one on craigslist. If you get the model # of the phone (somewhere inside the case), maybe something will turn up in a google search saying if it's analog, TDMA, what frequencies, etc.

Comment

Thanks Trey, after BowWiz commented on me showing my age I decided a sports car and a die job was in order

Bill, that was funny! 4th doe......... As far as the phone issue. There is a signal at the new place but thanks for keeping that in mind.

Comment

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but how do you get google earth to be in focus when you zoom in. I've zoomed in to about a five mile radius and then when I get any close then that it's all blurry and out of focus. I just now downloaded it so I know I've got a lot to learn.
                          Thanks!
                          -Cheryl

Comment

Cheryl, use mytopo.com like I wrote above, it's really good both for downloading and printing yourself, or ordering a high quality photo or map. If you have a spot and tell me where it is, I'll do the aerial photo, I just did one for Wildman (that's what we were talking about).

Comment

Working...
                            X