Axis map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 150class View Post
    Room for Error: Extend any potion of this line E,W,S, or N 20-40 miles to please the masses

Works for me

Comment

I am in Coleman County and had a few Axis doe on camera last season.

Comment

Some outside Angelo heading towards Bronte. Always see 2-3 dead a year on the side of the road.

Comment

Any around Bronte?

Comment

Gillespie county is trying to eradicate them if that tells you anything.

Comment

Originally posted by PvillDVM View Post
              Any around Bronte?
              I hunt between ballinger and bronte, closer to bronte and have a decent number of axis.

Comment

Covered up at home in Spring Branch and at the lease south east of Sonora. Way more axis than wt and I’m perfectly ok with that. Axis taste better and I can hunt them year round.

Comment

I’ve seen one in Williamson county between Leander and Georgetown

Comment

Originally posted by Bradical BH View Post
                    Gillespie county is trying to eradicate them if that tells you anything.
                    I am in the middle of that circle. On the border of Kerr and Gillespie. We get Axis and a few rare exotics that obviously got off ranches somewhere. We make efforts to contact folks to see if any of our neighbors have lost any critters from using trail cam pics and visuals. But hogs bust open fences and critters get lost. That has a great deal to do with how many free-ranging exotics are in our area.

Comment

And, this thread

Comment

Wish they’d move north

Comment

Been hunting in menard county down by London. I’ve seen one night cam pic of a big axis buck in the 5 yes I’ve been hunting in this place. I sure wish we had more. Meat alone plus year round hunting. Win win

Comment

Saw a dead one just north of Helotes city limits on Hwy 16 the other day. They are definitely getting closer to SA.

Comment

Originally posted by rsquared View Post
                              now that is a busy guy.....

Happy too!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                                Wish they’d move north
                                Get to far North they don't do well in cold and wet conditions. That will hold the movements.

I was getting calls earlier this week of sick axis on TX-41 and US377 for "sick" deer. All were cold stunned from the cold wet conditions. Rain and temps in the 40's for 3-5 days are not good on axis

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X