No announcement yet.

Move to North Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got a lot of research to do. We might take a trip this summer to check out some towns and have a little fun.

Kids said they dont want to stay here that much longer either!

Kansas hunting is great but that is about it. Weather is terrible. Job situation isnt that great and unless you live close to a bigger city there is absolutely nothing to do.

rick

Comment

Originally posted by thehairlessone! View Post
      i got a lot of research to do. We might take a trip this summer to check out some towns and have a little fun.

Kids said they dont want to stay here that much longer either!

Kansas hunting is great but that is about it. Weather is terrible. Job situation isnt that great and unless you live close to a bigger city there is absolutely nothing to do.

rick
      If you bring her down in June-August she might decide to stay there. The 100+ degree days in Texas are brutal. Bring her down in the winter when it's about 65-70 if you want her to move here.

Comment

It gets hotter than he'll in kansas too. Last week
        It was 70 and two days later it was snowing

Comment

Looks like Mckinney, plano, frisco, carrolton denton and grapevine are all towns that would meet our needs etc. I would start looking at one of these first.

Not to rule out others like mesquite or greenville,etc.

Looking at different factors like home prices, job opportunities and population,etc

When we come for a visit I hope to check out those towns while there

rick

Comment

we ended up moving to kansas city, mo and enjoying it. Not quite as warm as I would have liked but much better than central kansas. Moved with work and it all worked out pretty good. Havent been on here in a few years. Kind of missed the place

Comment

very nice
              Last edited by Fishndude; 03-19-2018, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Good luck to ya! I'm in Melissa and am about 30-60 minutes from most things around here. If you have your CDL when y'all move here, let me know. My company seems to be looking for drivers quite often and may have something.

Comment

we ended up moving to kansas city, mo and enjoying it. Not quite as warm as I would have liked but much better than central kansas. Moved with work and it all worked out pretty good. Havent been on here in a few years. Kind of missed the place

Kansas City? I think you over shot just a tad. [emoji2]

Welcome back!

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                    Go farther west - Weatherford/Aledo/Brock area ( just west of Fort Worth and within an hour of some great hunting areas)
                    This^^^^^^ It's about 30 mins West of Ft Worth. Great area to live, easy commute, plenty of work in FTW. I try to avoid Dallas at all costs. Dallas and FTW are two completely different places with completely different lifestyles

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                      Good luck to ya! I'm in Melissa and am about 30-60 minutes from most things around here. If you have your CDL when y'all move here, let me know. My company seems to be looking for drivers quite often and may have something.
                      I'm in Melissa too, North Creek. You?

Comment

He already moved fellas, lol ...

Comment

Nothing like going back to a 4yo post and pick up right where you left off!! Well played and welcome back!

Comment

Working...
                          X