What a Deal!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a Deal!!!

Just got back from Austin today and couldn't wait to brag a little and maybe help others find a bargain too. On my way up I remembered a post last year about this time where someone found some hang on stands at Walmart on sale for $19 dollars. I stopped at the Cedar Park Super center and what do you know, a 2 person ladder stand for $79. they are normally $98 and some times higher so I took the deal thinking $19 in savings is a good deal. I check out and am pushing my basket out to the truck when it occurs to me. "Hey! That lady told me to the total was $63 dollars." I think to myself Naa it would be about $83 with Tax I was just mixed up. I get to the truck and check my receipt because I know that I just wrote a check for $63 dollars and I am thinking I just ripped off walmart and will have to go back in and get this fixed. Nope! The receipt says "Ladder Stand $59". Happy shopping everyone!

Dang, thanks for the heads up!
    Jeff Young

Comment

That happened to my buddy one time. I had bought a climbing stand at Wal-Mart for around 25 bucks a couple days before and I was with him when he went to pick up one. We got ready to check out with two ladder stands and the total was 15 bucks. Yep, they where 7.50 each. He got the last two.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        That happened to my buddy one time. I had bought a climbing stand at Wal-Mart for around 25 bucks a couple days before and I was with him when he went to pick up one. We got ready to check out with two ladder stands and the total was 15 bucks. Yep, they where 7.50 each. He got the last two.
        Man thats so great! I was looking for the hang ons but prefered the ladder stand anyway. I wish they would have had another one or 2.

Comment

We bought a couple of the 2 man ladder stands at Wal-Mart in Graham for $75 each. WCB went in a couple days later and got the last one for $56.

Then Texastrophy's wife (Marlene) found out and went in there and got them to refund us the difference in the 2 we bought! She's a heckuva horse trader!

Trailboss

Comment

What a steal! Our wal-mart doesn't sell any type of stand.

Comment

Why doesn't this ever happen to me?

Comment

Dajcentex Where were they at...I didn't see them that week.

Comment

Originally posted by Swat791 View Post
                  Dajcentex Where were they at...I didn't see them that week.
                  I got the last one that was out at Cedar Park. on 183. the Super center near lowes didn't have any but someone posted last year that the super center in george town carried the stands. I also saw stands in the gainsville walmart. The one near Brownwood me never carries stands. I guess you may just have to hit several to find them.

Comment

The best type of deals that me and Huntin*Honey get at the Wally World by us is the Moltree Feeders. They are only 30 gallons but they do have the programable timers on them. They are regular $100 and towards the end of deer season they will get to $59. Sometimes we'll get some Muzzy's for $7.

Comment

I guess I had better start doing my yearly wally world buying...LOL! It seems every year around this time, I end up buying stands I dont need, just because they are cheap, LOL!!

Comment

I am the same way, no dout.

Comment

Working...
                        X