DPF Delete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPF Delete?

Have a 2009 Duramax that now has 85K miles and noticed that it is getting a bit sluggish and fuel mileage has gone down the tubes. Have addressed fuel filter and air filter and the DPF is the only thing I can think of but was told that it would not pass inspection if removed. Anyone here have experience with this issue?? Thanks in advance.

you would need a programer..i found that Exxon fuel has helped my fuel mileage, but lately it has dropped..may be the winter blend?

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
      you would need a programer..i found that Exxon fuel has helped my fuel mileage, but lately it has dropped..may be the winter blend?
      Exxon. Is usually good for an extra 1 to 1 1/2 mpg over Valero.

You will need a programmer and I have never had anyone look under a diesel during inspection so no problem.

It will void the warranty.

Comment

Muffler must be intact for inspection but DPF can go. Need a programmer to run without DPF though.

Comment

I got a DOT inspection sticker yesterday on my truck, they never looked under my truck once...

Comment

Every Diesel I have had hasn't had a muffler. Always passes inspection. Yes it is supposed to be there but most inspectors since it is a Safety Inspection they don't look for a muffler. If they ever pass a law where diesels must pass emissions then it might be a little harder without a muffler.

Comment

Rip it all off and get a programmer. It will be the best thing you could do for your truck. My 6.7 cummins went from 12-14 MPG to 17-19.

Comment

Originally posted by jebsvitals View Post
                Every Diesel I have had hasn't had a muffler. Always passes inspection. Yes it is supposed to be there but most inspectors since it is a Safety Inspection they don't look for a muffler. If they ever pass a law where diesels must pass emissions then it might be a little harder without a muffler.
                I think I read where they did pass such a law this last May. You might want to look into it. SB 1350

Comment

You are likely seeing a drop in MPG because of winter blend diesel. You don't have to worry about your dpf or muffler on inspection. I have an 07 nbs dmax and have a 5 inch straight pipe on it. Go with efi live from a good tuner (Idaho Rob, Kory Willis) and rip that crap out. My truck went from 14-15 mpg to 19-21 mpg after I deleted and tuned it.

Comment

I have a superchips programmer for a 2008 Duramax that I no longer need. I don't know if it will work on another truck or not though. I traded the Duramax off a year or so ago. Let me know if you're interested.

Comment

I have had mine deleted for two years now and have no issues with inspection. Its an 09 duramax as well and you will be amazed at the difference. I used a buddy down in Selma for mine at PBD Diesel Performance. Put a 4'' exhaust but would go 5" if I could do it again.

Comment

I have a 10 cummins that's deleted and I love it. I did it at 20,000 miles and I feel like I should've done it the day I picked it up from the dealer

Comment

Thanks for all the input fellas, will definitely be on my Christmas list!

Comment

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Comment

Hope it is ok to tack on. Is there such a thing as a DPF on a 2005 Duramax?

Comment

Working...
                              X