No announcement yet.

Duck hunting Saturday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am giving the ducks and deer the weekend off. I have been chasing them for the past 4 weekends and my chores around the house are stacking up. Should be great hunting weather. Good luck to all of you in the field.

Comment

This is the best weather for ducks. Go gett'em.

Comment

Most of my crew will be out tomorrow. It's definititely duck weather.

Comment

I'll be after them Saturday and Sunday in Beaumont.

Comment

Will start chasing them tomorrow morning all the way to Sunday morning before church. Good luck to everyone this weekend

Comment

The hunting will be good because a front just rolled in, not because it's raining. I've killed far more ducks in the sunshine than the rain.

Comment

They will be flying low in the wind and rain.

Comment

We will be after them sat and Sunday morning Denton county/ wise county

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
                    The hunting will be good because a front just rolled in, not because it's raining. I've killed far more ducks in the sunshine than the rain.
                    Agreed 100%....

Comment

Me and my brother will be sitting in the freezing cold, wet,weather hunting em this Sat morning. First morning for me to hunt anything all season. Between baseball tournaments and getting my son on a deer, 3 hunts, I'm ready. Might be miserable, but what the heck! I need a morning to get right!

Comment

Good luck to all and be safe

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post

This is true! Also depends a lot on the area. I hunt in the woods mostly and it is best on "blue bird" sunny days. We've had some jam up good ones on the lakes on clear days too, but on overcast days, they seem to work somwhat better. I'll take a hard wind (15-20mph +) over any other type of weather to hunt ducks in though!!

Comment

In the duck blind Sat morning and deer hunting the rest of the weekend.

Comment

yep, been slow the last few weeks. Im hoping that this cold weather brings in a few birds. Im gonna be hunting unless its pouring down raining.

Comment

We hunt close to Glen Rose. By Saturday morning our ponds will have had over 24hrs of freezing temps and I'm scared our ponds will be completely frozen over. I don't mind a little ice on the banks and such but with no open water it makes for a tough set up not to mention the ducks don't like it either.

Comment

Working...
                                X