Guest Mistake Stories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
    he just sighted in the rifle during the hunt... I asked him how he did that. He proudly said he used a laser bore sighter and adjusted the crosshairs to it. It saves ammo and is just as good as traditional sighting in.
    R O T F L M M F A O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then today, more funny than anything though. Bro nephew and I went back out after hogs. My nephew was able to take one. Unfortunately, it was a domestic/fresh escapee potbelly. It didn't smell, wasn't even dusty yet. And when cameras were checked after the hunt; well it's had been hanging out with a neighbor's dog that comes into the lease every couple weeks. Can't fault my nephew though, shooting a red dot at dusk, he never noticed it wasn't a real wild pig. And besides, I was asked to kill every pig I saw. I don't know if any of the neighbors HAD a pet potbelly...Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I have tears coming out of my eyes..... so hilarious

Comment

I got a new one from last night. I'm just a hog eradicator there so I don't shoot deer and have no say in the deer hunting, but no does are allowed to be shot
      One of the lease members took his cousin out for hogs and bucks. Sat him in a stand I usually see pigs at and came back to camp. I was there just to be there with no plans to hunt and just grillimg some fajitas. Just before dark, the lease member went to pick up his charge and I heard a shot at last light.
      Back at camp. There was a 2yo doe on the tailgate and the cousin said he thought it was a pog when he shot...
      To make matters worse it was a terrible shot, lucky kill.
      I said nothing about the doe, not my place. My bro (paying deer hunter) arrives at aboutbthe same time and I could tell he was about to blow a gasket. The other leader member said, my guest, my fault. I have no idea how that will get settled.
      As they were talking, I asked the shooter if the doe moved to cause that shot (above kidneys, spine hit). He said no, he just sighted in the rifle during the hunt... I asked him how he did that. He proudly said he used a laser bore sighter and adjusted the crosshairs to it. It saves ammo and is just as good as traditional sighting in.

I walked away from him then. Left him talking and told the paying lease members what he had done.
      Left the beef on the grill and just drove away.
      I'm kind of curious as to what happened after.

And then today, more funny than anything though. Bro nephew and I went back out after hogs. My nephew was able to take one. Unfortunately, it was a domestic/fresh escapee potbelly. It didn't smell, wasn't even dusty yet. And when cameras were checked after the hunt; well it's had been hanging out with a neighbor's dog that comes into the lease every couple weeks. Can't fault my nephew though, shooting a red dot at dusk, he never noticed it wasn't a real wild pig. And besides, I was asked to kill every pig I saw. I don't know if any of the neighbors HAD a pet potbelly...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      Good thing he didn't get the "coyote" too...LOL

Comment

bump this one here as hunting season approaches

Comment

getting close... Sending this back to the top

1) for educational purposes... Read this, screen shot this, and pass it around so those "guest" know we have seen it all

2) To get the members to think 2 or 3 times before taking the "proven hunter/marksmen" out to kill a "Doe/Spike/Pig/Cull..."

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
            getting close... Sending this back to the top

1) for educational purposes... Read this, screen shot this, and pass it around so those "guest" know we have seen it all

2) To get the members to think 2 or 3 times before taking the "proven hunter/marksmen" out to kill a "Doe/Spike/Pig/Cull..."
            Excellent points!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
              And some people wonder why Hunter Orange is a thing.
              hahaha dang right.

Comment

Just read all 17 pages of this today...couldn't stop. The depths of human a**holery never cease to amaze

Comment

Opening weekend of dove season. Invite a friend to the lease. He wants to drive his own truck to this tank at the back of the property. We could all fit in one but ok whatever. Theres some huge washouts in the road. I get out of the truck and guide my brother in his truck around the washout. Guest pulls up and im standing over the washout and literally noses me out of the way with his truck while I'm screaming at him to stop. Truck gets stuck. I ask him what the hell he was thinking and he says I didn't figure it was that bad and wanted to test my 4 wheel drive. Got the truck out and sent him on his way a day early.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is an epic thread

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                      My inlaws have a pretty good story in this category.

So my FIL invites his brother to come hunt their place down south. Pretty big piece of property that my FIL is on with 1 other person, so each person has plenty of tags to hand out. Being that there are not many members on the place the rules are very straight forward and easy to follow. If your a guest and you see a deer you can't live without, just say so and we'll see if we can make it happen! They had 3 real "Rules". The one major rule was that you DO NOT shoot a deer out of a truck under any circumstances! The second rule was that guest do not ride around by themselves without my FIL or one of his kids.

They had been on the place for 5 years at the time and they had befriended a buck named Billy the first year as a yearling 8 pt and he had kept coming to the camp for the next 4 years. You could call him and he'd run up to the truck. You could hand feed him and all that good stuff. But he was a 5 year old this year and he was on the prowl, and you never knew where he was going to show up. This deer is a typical 10 with split brows, scores in the mid to high 140s at this point. So the third major rule was that Billy is OFF LIMITS!

My wife went down to the ranch before me on Thanksgiving due to work, and I got a phone call as soon as she got there telling me I may not want to come down there because tensions were HIGH. Turns out FIL's brother took it upon himself to take his truck to ride around as everyone else napped and shot Billy.. Then had the nerve to come back to camp to wake everyone up to get them to help him load him up! He just said he shot a big 10. They didn't know it was Billy until they walked up to him. FIL was livid, they told him to kick rocks, and I personally haven't seen that brother sense then! Everyone knew Billy was off limits until he died naturally, he wasn't supposed to be in a truck by himself, and he broke the cardinal rule of not shooting a deer out of the truck. On a place with only 3 real rules to break he broke them all at once!

I thought you were going to tell the one, about the guest "Dry firing" his rifle at a deer and it went off"

Comment

Originally posted by dbrock63 View Post
                        A lease member brought a friend that never deer hunted to shoot a doe. Each member got to shoot 1 doe and 1 buck. He took his friend and set him up at a stand with a lever action 30-30 and 5 bullets and told him he could only shoot a doe (NO HORNS). They heard 5 shots from the area the friend was set up so they went to pick him up and see what happen. They pulled up to him just smiling ear to ear with 5 dead deer (4 doe and 1 yearling buck) laid out. Asked "Why in the hell did you shoot 5 deer?" Because i ran out of bullets or i could of got 1 or 2 more was his response.
                        Slow day at the office and I'm reading this thread again. Cannot stop laughing at this one. I think because I can see the visual in my head.

Comment

Words spoken in a duck blind once and I quote.... “deer hunting brings out the worst in people”. Is this not true or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                            Words spoken in a duck blind once and I quote.... “deer hunting brings out the worst in people”. Is this not true or what?
                            Broads, Deer, and Dollars.

Comment

General season is almost here......

Comment

Great reading here, keeps reminding me of our own incidents.... My father asked me to take my BIL hunting.... couldn't stand the guy.... anyway. We had an old Bronco for a ranch vehicle. Jump in the Bronco and take BIL to the blind, hear him shoot several times. Get's dark and I go pick him up. He had "in his words" Emptied his gun shooting at turkey... but didn't get one. The road back to camp is rough, going thru a washout the Bronco bounces a little and BAM.... his rifle discharges out the back of the Bronco.... I was ******, got back to camp he loaded his stuff and left. He never asked to come back out and hunt with me. Thank goodness... He was and still is a moron.

Comment

Working...
                                X