Guest Mistake Stories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by h20thief View Post
    My experience is with a paid lease member screwing up. This individual has been on the lease a couple years prior to me joining. It's a 5 deer county and $1500.00 per lease member. On said hunt, he proceeds to hunt from one particular blind that isn't his. Lease rules state you have to have an operational feeder and stand which then allows you to hunt other stands as long as the "owner" of that stand is not there or gives permission. Our lease allows family after opening weekend but they shoot from your quota. This individual did not have a single feeder or stand other than a pop up placed opening weekend.
    This particular hunt he's brought his family and is hunting with his son. The paid member has already tagged a buck and his son shoots at a small 8 and "misses". They cant find blood so they return to the blind only to shoot at a 5 point. While tracking the 5 they find the 8 as well. Each member quota is 2 bucks and 3 does for everyone but this guy apparently. Back at camp I ask him what he thinks the rules are and why he took 3 bucks. His response was his family all had licenses and buck tags. So he assumed he could shoot 20 deer total for one $1500.00 paid spot!

I go cool off and talk with the lease boss by phone and let him know what happened. The guy then comes over and says he hears I'm fast at skinning and quartering and wants me to "show" him how I do it. I processed one and left the other for them to practice. Afterwards he comes over and it having a pity party because the lease boss chewed him out for shooting 3 bucks from a stand that wasn't even his. He was going on about he would probably get kicked off. Claimed he never knew his family couldn't fill all there tags! He's still on the lease but rarely comes out when other members are there and when he does, he stays to himself. He asks if he can hunt other member stands now but who knows what really happens when no one else is there.
    Oh you know what he is doing. Lease boss needs to give him the boot before he loses other members who follow the rules over him.

Comment

Paid chew $50 for a hog hunt out at his ranch... and feeder kept getting over run with these things.
      Wouldnt give my money back...and they dont 'taste like chicken' like he said.
      $50 mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Paid chew $50 for a hog hunt out at his ranch... and feeder kept getting over run with these things.
        $50 mistake.
        It would take a heckuva a fence to keep that thing away from the feeder!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          $50 mistake.
          I heard he is still currently scamming people with these hunts!

Comment

I’m in a live mistake story right now. My son’s best friend has been to our family ranch many times but never during deer season. He’s a great kid and has been respectful and careful around guns every time.

Our family place is going on the market in early 2020. So I invited the best bud and his Dad up for youth weekend. This is a prime invite coveted by many. Dad is our son’s football coach.

Last night after dinner and a half a bottle of scotch Dad decided to handle a rifle in his room. He shot a hole through an exterior wall with a 30-30. I came running down the hallway in first responder mode. I **** near killed the guy I was so ******.

I wanted to ask him to leave but he was in no condition to drive. He didn’t even apologize just tried to make excuses. When I hard core called him out this morning he pouted for over an hour. This is a 49 year old father of four.

NEVER AGAIN!

Comment

You’re a better man than me! He’d have been sent packing first thing this morning.

Comment

I about spewed my drink. I forgot all about this.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tough to punish your son’s best friend for his dad’s obvious and completely avoidable mistake.

I would not have let that dad hunt or handle any firearm, period. But, I would’ve invited his son to hunt with me and my boy the next day.

From then on out, the best friend would be the only one getting the invite, assuming your boy and he remain good friends. Dad is a lost cause in my eyes.

Thankful there were no injuries or worse.

Comment

Just placing a book mark to know where to start back reading when I stumble across this thread again in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by h20thief View Post
                      My experience is with a paid lease member screwing up. This individual has been on the lease a couple years prior to me joining. It's a 5 deer county and $1500.00 per lease member. On said hunt, he proceeds to hunt from one particular blind that isn't his. Lease rules state you have to have an operational feeder and stand which then allows you to hunt other stands as long as the "owner" of that stand is not there or gives permission. Our lease allows family after opening weekend but they shoot from your quota. This individual did not have a single feeder or stand other than a pop up placed opening weekend.

This particular hunt he's brought his family and is hunting with his son. The paid member has already tagged a buck and his son shoots at a small 8 and "misses". They cant find blood so they return to the blind only to shoot at a 5 point. While tracking the 5 they find the 8 as well. Each member quota is 2 bucks and 3 does for everyone but this guy apparently. Back at camp I ask him what he thinks the rules are and why he took 3 bucks. His response was his family all had licenses and buck tags. So he assumed he could shoot 20 deer total for one $1500.00 paid spot!

I go cool off and talk with the lease boss by phone and let him know what happened. The guy then comes over and says he hears I'm fast at skinning and quartering and wants me to "show" him how I do it. I processed one and left the other for them to practice. Afterwards he comes over and it having a pity party because the lease boss chewed him out for shooting 3 bucks from a stand that wasn't even his. He was going on about he would probably get kicked off. Claimed he never knew his family couldn't fill all there tags! He's still on the lease but rarely comes out when other members are there and when he does, he stays to himself. He asks if he can hunt other member stands now but who knows what really happens when no one else is there.

What a jackazz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
                        I’m in a live mistake story right now. My son’s best friend has been to our family ranch many times but never during deer season. He’s a great kid and has been respectful and careful around guns every time.

Our family place is going on the market in early 2020. So I invited the best bud and his Dad up for youth weekend. This is a prime invite coveted by many. Dad is our son’s football coach.

Last night after dinner and a half a bottle of scotch Dad decided to handle a rifle in his room. He shot a hole through an exterior wall with a 30-30. I came running down the hallway in first responder mode. I **** near killed the guy I was so ******.

I wanted to ask him to leave but he was in no condition to drive. He didn’t even apologize just tried to make excuses. When I hard core called him out this morning he pouted for over an hour. This is a 49 year old father of four.

NEVER AGAIN!

Rule number one when you are in the lease house. unload all weapons and leave bolt or lever open period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It just keeps getting better. He brought an AR15 and FMJ’s for his son to hunt with. He started drinking beer right after breakfast. I woke up from a nap to him shooting a 22 pistol in the front yard. This is after I told him he had lost his firearm handling privileges. When I lost it on him he again pouted, put away the .22 and busted out a set of throwing knives and started trying to stick them in a mesquite trunk.

He defrosted an axis ham in my sink and helped himself to my smoker and stack of perfectly seasoned wood. This wasn't for us, just for him to take home for his family to eat all week.

When I bring up the hole in the wall, he justifies it by recounting all the AD’s he had been around while hunting. One of which was him shooting a hole in his own roof.

He also freely adjusts the thermostat to his liking.

Can’t stand the guy.

NEVER AGAIN!
                          Last edited by TransPecos; 10-27-2019, 07:56 AM.

Comment

It just keeps getting better. He brought an AR15 and FMJ’s for his son to hunt with. He started drinking beer right after breakfast. I woke up from a nap to him shooting a 22 pistol in the front yard. This is after I told him he had lost his firearm handling privileges. When I lost it on him he again pouted, put away the .22 and busted out a set of throwing knives and started trying to stick them in a mesquite trunk.

He defrosted an axis ham in my sink and helped himself to my smoker and stack of perfectly seasoned wood. This wasn't for us, just for him to take home for his family to eat all week.

When I bring up the hole in the wall, he justifies it by recounting all the AD’s he had been around while hunting. One of which was him shooting a hole in his own roof.

Can’t stand the guy.

NEVER AGAIN!
                            I would never expect that out of a youth football or high school coach...NOT! You live and you learn.

Comment

Can’t stand the guy.

NEVER AGAIN!

He sounds more like a brother in law...

Dang. I think the thermostat bothers me the most!

(And throwing knives?...what a goober)
                              Last edited by TxAg; 10-27-2019, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Can’t stand the guy.

NEVER AGAIN!
                                Oh man, that sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X